Join now - be part of our community!

Can't receive SMS messages

XperiaSboy
Visitor

Can't receive SMS messages

Seems to be a common problem, but I haven't found a proper solution.

I don't receive any text messages sent to my number. Everything seems to be ok in settings, Phone is brand new, i's updated with latest software and I have enough memory for receiving messages.

Any solutions?

7 REPLIES 7
Thommo
Genius

Try Settings - Apps - All - Messaging then tap clear data and see if that works - If not you may have to reset your settings via the backup and reset - Not the factory reset, There is an option for settings reset, This will not delete anything

Don't forget to give Kudos Kudos 2.JPG  and / or mark the correct answer Solution.JPG

gwhispererz
Champion

Hi, try the following ....

Switch off phone, remove and reinsert SIM card, then switch phone again.

Don't forget to mark correct answer as Accepted Solution.
If you find the post helpful, press Kudos.

alecna
Visitor

I cant receive sms even i already reset the phone and inserted the sim. I receive text messages from chika but not sms... I receive text when i text may own number but how come i cannot receive sms from others... May fon is just a year old... Sony experia S
Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

Hi Guys,

I suggest trying to remove the SIM from the handset and testing with another SIM card.

Once you have tested with the new SIM simply pop your SIM back in to the device and then get a friend to send you a message.

If you receive SMS from friends who do not use an iPhone but none from the friends who do use an iPhone, then this may be related to iMessage, to solve this issue simply ask your friend to disable iMessage when trying to message you.

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Tamg1
Visitor

Can't receive text msg from iPhones answer if your friends have iPhones tell them to turn of I message before sending you a msg that's if yours is an android phone hope this helps 

maree11
Visitor

I can get messages on my phone  from everyone  but Verification    codes  from twitter

Man14
Visitor

Mine also.. 

Can send sms.. But cannot receive any.. 

Sony XZs