Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot enable LTE on Xperia SP C5303

BW1
Visitor

Cannot enable LTE on Xperia SP C5303

Hi - I have an unbranded Xperia SP C5303 and I've recently taken out a SIM-only plan with Three UK.  Although I have a 4G enabled SIM, I cannot see the 4G/LTE option in the phone settings.  If I put my SIM card into an Xperia Z1, I can see the option and successfully connect to the 4G signal.  My phone is still on Android 4.1.2.  I used the Sony online chat support, but they didn't know why I can't see the 4G option, and suggested I do a 'repair' using PCC, but I'd really prefer not to do that, because I don't trust that it will properly restore all of my data.  Has anyone else had this issue?

59 REPLIES 59
shamengb
Visitor

Just to update further,

Got an update notification this morning via PC Companion to update to the latest version. 12.1.a.1.205 was released a few days ago.  Brings it to Android 4.3

Just downloading at the min using SUS.  Showing 739.5mb download.

My phone is sim free and on 3, but no notification via OTA showing.  My friend got anOTA notification this morning but her phone is on, and locked, to EE.

This update is a bug fix update to the other 4.3 update, which I never received (with it being sim free, they hadn't rolled it out to us as yet).  Very good respone to the update on the SP facebook page which looks like it has sorted many of the bugs introduced in the last update.  Hopefully, the LTE option will now appear on my handset.  Will report back later to confirm if it has.

Update

This update has brought up to build  12.0.A.2.254, which the previous poster had mentioned.  Was really expecting the 4.3 latest update, but never mind!  My 4G option is now showing, so at least it has solved that issue! 

paul_glasgow
Visitor

hope this adds fuel.... At last!!  I posted a couple of weeks ago. [please read]. and now after 6 months of XSP ownership, Companion now says i have an update. This is my first and only!!  I am downloading now and shall report back....as previous poster said, his download was the same, at 12.0.A build and 4.1, so we shall see in a moment if mine stays the same too! also, mine has the 3 sim problem of removing the 4G/LTE option in my phone, so am really hopeful his download will retain it [tho really thats a 3 fault, not a sony]!

rea;istically, after many calls with 3 tech teams in india....they are now givng me £25 back....and more to follow as they are realising, their setup  dos not provide Network carrier settings for xsp bought outside 3. they only provide for their own phones from stores. ah, this is the real problem. so looks like im getting big fat refund....or switch to EE 4G for £8 cheaper per m,onth AND I WILL GET 4G, as we just tried EEsim in their shop and 4G CAME UP ON THE OPTIONS/SETTINGS. SO, NOTHING WRONG WITH THE MOBI, IT SEEMS IT WAS THREE ALL ALONG.... I WILL LET U KNOW...

Racic007
Visitor

Go to Xperia care (support) and instal what need for network 
(sry for bed english) :smileysmileywink:

Visitor

I have sony Xperia sp C5303. Mobile network issues it means in my mobile LTE is working
The problem is network lose and gained with in 2 minutes. I went to near sony services center says mother board problem. I can't trust so ask another shop says software problem reinstall software.
Please help me I don't have any pc rooted my mobile this problem solves????
Help me
Visitor

Sir I am using Sony sp and used 4g Sim but no option in 4g mode in settings>mobile network> gsm-cdma
nitinseo
Visitor

inseart sim is very hard while we enter sim in the phone. it could be cases of block the sim

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@nitinseo

what's the problem?

nitinseo
Visitor

i bought a phone SOny Experia SP but when i tried to enter sim in the phone it was going very hard and that could be damage if we enter it with preassure...!! Very BAD

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@nitinseo

I don't see how is it complicated, you have to lift the back cover > then slide the SIM card, simple as that. 

m1988
Visitor

Re: Cannot enable LTE on Xperia SP C5303