Join now - be part of our community!

Country code prefix problem

SOLVED
Not applicable

Country code prefix problem

I am using a X10 Mini on Cosmote GR.

Incoming texts have the country code (+30) prefix.

If NOT saved in phone book with country code, the phone doesn't recognize the contacts' texts.

If saved WITH country code, the phone does not recognize the contact when calling.

Let's demonstrate the issue using an example number. +30 69 12345678  is a standard Greek mobile number.

I have my contacts stored in the following format: +30 69 xxxxxxxx but on incoming calls, the number appears as 69 xxxxxxxx and it doesn't match with the contact.

If I change the contacts to exclude the country code in front, then you have an issue with the text messages where the incoming number is identified as +30 69 xxxxxxxx inclusive of the country code - and again it doesn't match with the contact.

Thanks in advance

Panos

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sushidushi
Contributor

This might be a pain to do, but would it help if you saved each contact both with and without the country code...?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
sushidushi
Contributor

This might be a pain to do, but would it help if you saved each contact both with and without the country code...?

Not applicable

Yes, I have change many of my contacts but this is not a solution. It's a "half" solution especially if you think that I synchronising my Gmail account with other devices

sushidushi
Contributor

Yes, indeed, it's not an ideal solution at all, but the best I could think of.  Have you tried any of the messaging applications available in the Android market to see if the problem persists using one of those?  I only ever  use my home phone for international calls, so I can't try it out, but might it be worth trying...?

Not applicable

Yes, I have try Handcent SMS with no luck. I think to give a second chance in case of something I have do wrong.

sushidushi
Contributor

Just one more thought, does it make a difference if you save numbers as 01130... instead of +30...?

Not applicable

I will give it a try. I think androidexamine the exact number. +30 69xx xxxxxx is different from 0030 69xx xxxxxx and is different from 69xx xxxxxx

Not applicable

Solved with Handcent SMS 3.2.8

sushidushi
Contributor

So glad you've managed to sort this one out.

I really ought to try Handcent myself...

finzland
Visitor

00 exit code was for old mobile phones but now you have + sign on your dial pad. For some countries + sign does not work so for me 00 works all the time. I have used this website to locate the country code with dialing instructions and area codes of these countries.