Join now - be part of our community!

downloadfile dot bin files

SOLVED
amit_rocking87
Visitor

downloadfile dot bin files

Hi can any one tell me what is "downloadfile.bin" which my phone automatically downloading?? 

I am not able to view for which software or system it is getting downloaded?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
thomasacquins
Visitor

I think it's Google play store app data backup

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Thommo
Genius

Download avast to your phone and run a scan - Do not connect your phone to your Pc

amit_rocking87
Visitor

Done but nothing wrong found 

Thommo
Genius

Also try Malwarebytes and if nothing is found then you probably have an app installed that is causing this but I do know that not so long ago something with the same name popped up which was an Android virus - However you could try performing a system repair, see below for details

This will factory reset your phone

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)
Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the onscreen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

s4alon
Visitor

I also got the same issue this morning

Suddenly downloading .bin file out of nowhere

Tried to tap it and redirect me to playstore at "my apps" menu

Is it possible from SONY or what ?

I never install anything out of playstore

Would be good if Sony staff could provide explanation

amit_rocking87
Visitor

Exactly as soon as u click it..  It directs u to playstore but u cant see for which ap or system it is downloading. 

I am scanning with malwarebytes now let see

thomasacquins
Visitor

I think it's Google play store app data backup

amit_rocking87
Visitor

Done scanning with malwarebytes and nothing found..  Now more curious 

amit_rocking87
Visitor

I was just checking on internet for more detail..  Some of htc user also experienced the same file but no one know for which software or app it is.. 

thomasacquins
Visitor

If back up and automatic restore is enabled in backup and reset settings then phones settings and apps settings everything is backed up to Google account. If you reset or change your mobile then those settings are automatically restored. That's the reason ' .bin ' file is shown every time.In Kitkat devices it is shown background. When I was using Xperia L it was not showing.