Join now - be part of our community!

How to remove the voicemail icon?

SOLVED
BZ2000
Visitor

How to remove the voicemail icon?

On the notification bar at top of phone the voicemail icon is stuck permanently.  I have no intention of phoning voicemail (costs money) since I know the voicemail from one of the cold call sellers.  I have tried everything I can think of to remove, looked through manual, yet can't see a way to remove.  Can anyone help me please? I don't want a constant reminder. Incidentally is there anyway to block this caller as would make it simpler if there wasn't a voice mail in the first place.  Many thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

The icon won't go away until you check your voicemail. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Could you post a screenshot?

alexdon
BZ2000
Visitor

Sorry can't do a screenshot easily.  Its just the voicemail icon like a pair of glasses in top left hand corner.  And in the drop down notification bar the notification can not be swiped away.  No worries if can't be done, just annoying as you would think it should be easily deleted.   

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Power button and volume down at the same time,not sure about what icon you are talking about.

alexdon
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

The icon won't go away until you check your voicemail. 

seriousduck
Visitor

but what if you dont have a voicemail? how do you listen to it??? cause Im losing my mind Face_with_stuck-out_Tongue

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

you will have to call your voicemail through your phone, then it will disappear 

Treetop_fighter
Visitor

This is an old post to which i'm replying, and i'm not sure if someone already shared the answer but i discovered it only today. Its annoying to see the voicemail notification which will never go even with a restart. I thought it was a virus as my provider does not offer voicemail services nor have i configured any number to connect to a voicemail server. It started showing up when I left my mobile internet on over night.

-- go to app > phone > and click 'force stop'. you can launch the app after that but it should clear the voicemail notification icon

est2
Visitor

"-- go to app > phone > and click 'force stop'. you can launch the app after that but it should clear the voicemail notification icon"

Thanks a lot for this information!