Join now - be part of our community!

no sound from speaker

SOLVED
jamilavida
Visitor

no sound from speaker

My speaker just don't seem to work at all. I was watching a movie and suddenly the sound turns off and until now there no sound coming at all from my speaker, however it works just fine on my headphone/earphone. Please help
Tags (1)
57 REPLIES 57
BolsoverCastle
Visitor

Hi all,

My experia e5603 had its smaller (phone call) speaker at the top of unit; go down today - 19 Oct 2016...

this is really poor on SONY's part; how many years, according to this site has this issue been going on for???

Good grief.

Have been trying some of the suggestions, but no luck so far. if I have to go back to SONY I'll NOT be impressed.

Useless junk! It's less than 6 months old.

Like others on here, I can put the phone on loud speaker (and lose confidentiality), or use headphones. 

Again... how poor is this!

Hacked off in Bolsover Castle (Derbyshire).

huangjs
Visitor

My f8132f8132 xperia x performance (what an irony )
will mute when enabling audio output while calling.

Means speaker failed.

It works sometimes and fails sometimes

Seems like a long-term software bug Sony has.
Just like the accelemeter issue.
KS100
Visitor

I have speaker software problem
JGrey
Visitor

does it work on you? the safe mode? it did not work in me. 

zecchariah
Visitor

From the Google play store download app called sound about, select media then speaker, then select phone call then earpiece, and back out of app and its fixed i had to do it twice and then it worked like a charm. I cant believe this is a software issue sony has never put up a software fix for shame on sony. All i did was youtube it and bam followed directions and it was fixed

Babzilla
Visitor

I have the same problem. No ringer, no sound but headphones and mic work and a portable speaker. I tried talking the headphones in and out but didn't work. 

Jelly_ace
Visitor

After i dropped my phone the speaker won't work but when i plugged my earphones it works how can i fix it?

Charmed_hour
Visitor

This worked for me too! 🙂 Thankyou 

Syamimghafar
Visitor

I Logged in just to say THANK YOU SIR! Im using Xperia Z1 and pressing around the bottom of my phone works wonders!

1234rrrr
Visitor

No sound from speakee