Join now - be part of our community!

no sound from speaker

SOLVED
jamilavida
Visitor

no sound from speaker

My speaker just don't seem to work at all. I was watching a movie and suddenly the sound turns off and until now there no sound coming at all from my speaker, however it works just fine on my headphone/earphone. Please help
Tags (1)
57 REPLIES 57
Jai_hacker
Visitor

I tried the same.Now speaker is working fine in safe mode.

Now how to resolve this software issue

localbus
Visitor

Thanks !!...

the sticking in and out of the headphone jack works !!

jamilavida
Visitor

from my experience, the speaker on this phone is very sensitive, but fear not there are some solutions that i've learned for youtube and google.

1) try the jack swapping using the headphone jack (for problem when system recognize as using headphone while you are not ) or using a cotton bud (to absorb moisture).

2) if you hear a very low sound coming from your speaker,  try letting it dry of. (for me i just turn off my cellphone and let it dry face up and hoping the moisture escapes the holes of the speaker, and occasionally blow the speaker), this may occur if a drop of water (in my example, just A drop of it entered).

3) this is the latest, my cellphone never had a drop of water on it ( as far as i remembered) but the sound from the speaker suddenly drops hard (just like the problem stated above, very-very low sound), i just shake the phone and voila, it's fixed

side note: i only did all of this when after doing the safe mode and yet still no sound coming, when this happen, try to put the speaker (the one on the back) as near as you can on your ear, and if there is any sound coming, try using method 2 and 3, it worked for me. 

stc2312
Visitor

I did safe mode but still no external sounds. But i hear my calls and textmessages
Yellsah2
Visitor

Was well pleased to find a solution,   not the usual run around the web......thanks

Now haw do you turn the WALKMAN OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF..............HA !

Colonel
Visitor

I tried all methods and one more thing I've noticed is sensor which turn off screen while talking on phone remains on all the time and sometimes suddenly it starts working well. I've heard for same issues many times but still purchased Xperia and now I'm totally disappointed and to be frank it hurt a lot. As I love my phone a lot. It's Xperia L and it happens occasionally nowadays still under warrenty!!! God knows what will happen after a year! NOKIA is best in such things. If anyone can please suggest something to resolve my problem and to keep my faith alive in sony smart phones.

AnnoyedUKCustom
Contributor

I had this problem a few times since the last firmware update.

If I play music with the earphones connected and later I disconnect them the phone doesn't seem to register that the earphones are unplugged so music, ringtones, and phone call audio are all routed to the wrong place and therefore the phone is completely mute (however phone call audio will go to the speaker if I press the speakerphone button during a call).

If I connect and disconnect the earphones a couple of times usually the problem disappears.

steebhonez
Visitor

i had experieced this issue w/ my xperia P and unfortunately my unit is out of warranty & plugging/unplugging the headset didn't worked for me...what i did is I opened my the lower part of  my unit. First removed the the plastic cover and removed two screws. there I found a flat wire beside the speaker, removed it then reseated it. after that the sound came back. not actually advisable if ur unit is still under warranty...but worked for me...hope it helps to some

Lukerapleyyolo
Visitor

I have the exact same problem with my Sp I've done everything to try and fix it it's weird how it works when I'm on the phone just not when I'm using my phone normally?
Muthukumar1
Visitor

The earphone tricked worked... thanks so much