Join now - be part of our community!

no sound in xperia sp from external speaker

captzaid
Visitor

no sound in xperia sp from external speaker

Hi All,

There is a problem with my xperia sp. i cant hear the sound fro my external speaker such as to music or a video.. the sound in the calls is okay with the internal speaker but cant speak on the loudspeaker..i cant hear the ringtone also for an incoming call, the device only vibrates.. but when i plug in the headphones i can listen to music.. i have tried the headphone in and out trick but it doesnt work.. i have tried the safemode also but doesnt wok.. This problem has happened to me the second time.. the first time it had happened it resolved by itself after 3 days i mean all of a sudden the sond came back.. please help me as its my new phone...

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Try settings-apps-all-sound enhancements,force stop and clear data.Restart.

alexdon
captzaid
Visitor

Thanks for the suggestion.. But unfortunately it didnt work.. any other idea??

Sam
Legend
Legend

Please try running a software repair and let us know the results:

1. Download the PC Companion software from http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/
and install it on your PC.
2. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
3. Phone Software Update.
4. Start.
5. Repair Phone
6. Continue
7. Accept data removal
8. Next
9. Wait for prepare
10. Select Phone
11. Follow the connection steps

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

spider073
Visitor

Have found the same issue on an xperia Z

sound is fine thorugh headphones or any bluetooth connected speaker, but unable to play through phones external speakers and no longer get audible alerts, ringtones or alarms.

had removed all sound related apps, rebooted and followed the repair process successfully as described.

however problem persists

any help greatfully received!

Samuel1
Hero

If the issue should still remain after repair I think that this needs to be examined and fixed at a repair center. For more information about how to submit your phone for repair and where, contact your local support team.

deemah
Visitor

Just uncheck the Clear phase and xloud option and restart...problem over...
Superman66
Visitor

try plugging and unplugging the headphones 3-4 times.... found this tip eleshwere and it worked!

Annalyn_22
Visitor

My phone has no sound 

I guess the best option is to repair it

Solutionfound
Visitor

Solution found --------------------------------
Start phone on SAFE MODE.

1. Switch off phone

2. Switch on (through Safe Mode) by holding the VOLUME-DOWN button + the POWER button, together at the same time. The LED light will flash GREEN to confirm that you have started your phone on safe mode.

3. Try playing music through your loudspeaker to confirm that its working again

4. Restart your phone

Turning on and off the sound enhancements via options or FORCE STOP the sound enhancement app, usually works; But this is a more relaiable way to fix the problem.

Be carefull not to pull your headphones out when you're playing music or watching a video.

Sony Xperia Phone No Sound Problem Loudspeaker Earphones Headphones Cant hear sound Broken Software Hardware Reddit Solved Solution