Join now - be part of our community!

McAfee has locke my phone and asking for PIN.My phone got locked when I removed the sim when the phone was powered.

Not applicable

McAfee has locke my phone and asking for PIN.My phone got locked when I removed the sim when the phone was powered.

My phone XPERIA S  got locked when I removed the sim when the phone was powered.McAfee has locked my phone and asking for PIN.

I hate McAfee.Such protection is annoying.My phone is useless now.

Can anybody tell me how to format and load fresh operating system?

I keep mailing McAfee and they keep replying asking for registered email.How can I know that I have registered

my email with them?.

Also I could not find my phone's IMEI at the back and not able to go to menu to enter codes so that I can find

IMEI.

Help pls.

Thanks,

Kamalakannan.

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

exactly you do NOT need mcafee it creates a lot of issues not just this, just repair it with SUS or PCC but know that it will delete your apps, sms, mms, contacts etc, your pictures and videos will not be affected

Update Service (SUS)

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

for future reference

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

ju10
Visitor

sir i have the same problem.my xperia sp also has locked by mcafee when i change my sim,can i do the same procedure or i have to visit other link?

idontknowwhat
Visitor

I am facing the same situation with my Xperia C. McAfee asks to keep a minimum 8 digit alpha-numeric password. Sony Xperia C keypad that I'm using to enter the password **bleep** because it only supports numbers (Digits). I am so frustrated. i fee paralyzed. Both McAfee and Sony's fault. McAfee should allow users to keep whatever password(s) the want. Be it numbers or letters and Sony kepyad for unlocking the McAfee application should support alpha-numeric keypad.

Never in my life will i ever use Sony or McAfee again! 

Tags (1)
Visitor

sir my phone is completly locked and i dont know how to recollect my pin number.plz say about unlocking of my phone

CarolineBialon
Visitor

Do you still have access to your McAfee account? If you do, log in and use the UNLOCK activity. If you dont, and either:
-used a NEW PHONE
Trip to the store
-used PHONE, NOT BY YOU
TRIP TO STOre ask for owners pin and remove mcafee
-used PHONE BY YOU
MCAFEE.COM
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@CarolineBialon

Do you realize that the post is from June 2012 and the last post is from June 2014, more than 2 years ago?

abc7
Visitor

I forgot both McAfee username and password and also the 6 digit pin. I tried to uninstall McAfee now my phone is locked. What I do
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Contact McAfee

@abc7 wrote:
I forgot both McAfee username and password and also the 6 digit pin. I tried to uninstall McAfee now my phone is locked. What I do

@abc7