Join now - be part of our community!

Overheating problem....please help

SOLVED
ryallj-uk
Visitor

Overheating problem....please help

How can I stop my phone overheating. I was using google maps on xperia to navigate. After about 20 mins i noticed that the phone was REALY hot. It turned itself off and I couldnt get it back on untill the phone had cooled down. (it was switching on but would turn off after about 10 secconds)

How can i stop my phone overheating when using navigation apps? Its a real pain.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samuel1
Hero

The phone has built in overheating protection. If it gets to hot it will close down apps and eventually shut down. However, if you feel insecure and you suspect that there might be something wrong with the phone, you can always send it to a service center to have it looked up.

Contact your local Xperia Support for more information:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

you are probably running a lot of background apps that is creating this excess heat, perhaps games, wifi on, syncing multiple accounts and perhaps intrusive apps

taskilleres

task managers

antivirus

ram apps

battery apps

booster apps

you do NOT need this apps

ryallj-uk
Visitor

the only App i have running, as far as Im aware, is the mobile internet security app (came with the phone). This is the only icon on the status bar.....???

Do other apps run in the backround without showing an Icon in the status bar? If they do; how do I stop them running or delete them.

As far as I know I dont have:

Task killer apps,

Task manager apps

or Battery apps

Dont even know what a booster or ram app is???? Lol

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

other apps will run in the background w/o icons

settings > power management > battery > you will be able to see it

or

settings > apps > running

if you don't use some of the apps that are running all the time, uninstall them.

mani43
Visitor

ive noticed when i use the web browser such as google or the standard sony one it really heats up so u cant hold it 😐

ryallj-uk
Visitor

yeah same here. It seem that whenever Im connected to the internet (even playing a game thats connected to internet) it gets hot. But today it wasnt just hot it was HOT! (enough to burn a child's hand im sure)

I thought the phone was going to melt from the inside. It really was that hot!!!

Its ok now though, just dont want it to go that again.

Only today I found out that iphones have a heat warning??!!!

What the hell is becoming of phones these days?!

Samuel1
Hero

The phone has built in overheating protection. If it gets to hot it will close down apps and eventually shut down. However, if you feel insecure and you suspect that there might be something wrong with the phone, you can always send it to a service center to have it looked up.

Contact your local Xperia Support for more information:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Daloch
Contributor

Samuel, there are lots of complaints about this problem.

This happens since JB update, and sometimes the phone gets overheated enough to leave it over the table and wait.

I don't know how is set up this overheating protection, but I tell you that sometimes it burns.

You can say that this is normal, but  this is not normal, as it never happened with IC... there is something in JB that makes the zone under the camera (where the SD card is), to be extremely overheating.

There are costumers that due to this overheating, lost the camera metallic ring.

Did you ever think that MAYBE, the problem with the corrupted SD cards it is because this hot?..., because it is over that zone where is overheating.

When it is that heated, it is IMPOSSIBLE, if you get a call, to touch the screen with your ear.

This have to be fixed!!!!

stringer97
Visitor

samuel

My phone burns me to point i cannot hold it, sent my phone to customer care, but you have duty of care to report this to sony head office that these phones are some what dangerous!! read the forums evident is here, should report it to trading standards, its caused my skin to turn an ungly red colour on my face while in a phone call and left my ear bright red.

this phone is unsafe, i think everyone here will agree.

i too have lost the metallic ring due to exccessive heat on this phone and im on my 5 memory card. never had this problem with any other phone.

sort this out!

sony are to blame,

Daloch
Contributor

100% agree with you.

Unsafe & unuseful.

What they will tell you???... that they will report

What will Sony fix???... nothing.

They just don't realize that when we say that the phone overheat, we say because it is dangerous...

It is strange that all the sudden (for what they say), we have installed "something" that is working and making our phone heat.

Not sure if they learned to read... people say... "when I play a game, then..."

or

"When I am surfing, then the phone overheats,.."

Is not ALWAYS, is when we use our SMARPHONE to do something with it, play, talk, surf in the net... etc etc... something that it is supposed you can and have to do with a smartphone.

It is not a hidden app, it is not that all the sudden all of us installed the same app that is doing this to our phones, it is because the software is defective since the JB update.

This NEVER happened with ICS