Join now - be part of our community!

"Sync Contacts" option missing from Google Account Sync

SOLVED
rsw
Visitor

"Sync Contacts" option missing from Google Account Sync

I have a T2 Ultra Dual, model D5322..  Android version 4.4.2.   Kernel version 3.4.0+.

When I go to Settings>>Accounts>>Google>>[my gmail] the option to sync contacts with Google has GONE!

It was working before.  I sync'd to add 1000 contacts when I got the phone last month.  But now I cannot see how to sync again.

Please help!  

Thanks a lot, Roy

Where is Sync Contacts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rsw
Visitor

Hi thanks yes, my Gmail contacts are all there, and syncing perfectly with my other devices.

It's just this problem with the Sony that's driving me mad.

CSV is a helpful one-off, but not really any good for syncing as I use multiple devices and add contacts reguarly.

All further suggestions or ideas greatefully received!

Cheers

Roy

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Sam
Legend
Legend

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

It looks like there are additional options, have you scrolled down to check?

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

rsw
Visitor

Yes thanks, I've tried all options I can find... which are :

- Sync Now

- Remove Account

Nothing else.

I've tried deleting the account and adding it back. Still no success.

R

Sam
Legend
Legend

I have just noticed that you have no reception, is there a SIM inserted in the phone currently?

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

rsw
Visitor

This is a dual SIM phone.

You can see I have 4 bars on SIM1 and full reception.  

SIM2 is off as it's an overseas SIM.  (I got the phone because I travel a lot).

Cheers and hoping for some good help 🙂

Roy

Bandolero
Contributor

I Suggest you to check if your contacts is avaialable at your gmail account via web-base, login to your gmail on your top left click on the gmail under google and select contacts. The list will load up, if the contacts appear on the list. Than try to turn on your auto-sync to check if it aill allow you to auto sync it.

If not you can also munally extract he contacts to csv by mass from your web-base gmail. Once done extracting, copy paste it to your internal memory and restore it from there.

* your phone seems to be auto-sync off, sometime it don't recognise. 

rsw
Visitor

Hi thanks yes, my Gmail contacts are all there, and syncing perfectly with my other devices.

It's just this problem with the Sony that's driving me mad.

CSV is a helpful one-off, but not really any good for syncing as I use multiple devices and add contacts reguarly.

All further suggestions or ideas greatefully received!

Cheers

Roy

Bandolero
Contributor

Try to clear the sync data by Settings > Apps > All > Google Contacts Sync and tap on clear data.

DO the same to the Google Account manager and once done, restart the phone. try to sync again. that should resolve the problem.

rsw
Visitor

Ok... Google Contacts Sync does not appear in the list.

Google Calendar Sync does.. so I know I'm looking in the right place...!

rsw
Visitor

Wooo hooo!

Here they come!

I found Google Contacts Sync in the next page - i.e. the 'Disabled' section - how on earth it got disabled I have no idea.

I clicked it, it returned to 'All' and so I went to the Accounts section and now it's syncing normally.

Thanks so much for guiding me in the right direction - you are a hero!

Cheers & warmest

Roy