Join now - be part of our community!

"Sync Contacts" option missing from Google Account Sync

SOLVED
rsw
Visitor

"Sync Contacts" option missing from Google Account Sync

I have a T2 Ultra Dual, model D5322..  Android version 4.4.2.   Kernel version 3.4.0+.

When I go to Settings>>Accounts>>Google>>[my gmail] the option to sync contacts with Google has GONE!

It was working before.  I sync'd to add 1000 contacts when I got the phone last month.  But now I cannot see how to sync again.

Please help!  

Thanks a lot, Roy

Where is Sync Contacts?

19 REPLIES 19
CharonCiprian
Visitor

Hi rsw,

I have the same problem, can you tell me where is this ''disabled section'' when I tap on google account I get that list with no contacts option, and no other next page, or section. Thanks

yangdolo
Visitor

Just google "GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk" and then install it should solved the issue.

mastamuk
Visitor

After a phone reset (Z3 compact) Android 5.1.1. i am not able to customize the google sync options by disabling certain apps to not sync. drives me mad as i have 3 accounts and only want to sync one.

mastamuk
Visitor

ok, i found the problem:

if you deactivate autosync, then all manual options (the switch next to the apps to sync) are gone as well. if autosync is on all the switches are back!

raeesd
Visitor

I just want to add something incase someone has the same problem I had. After installing GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk the contacts toggle still didn't show up under Google Account, but it did show up after disabling and re-enabling "Auto-sync data" in the menu for all accounts on the phone. Before that I saw the GoogleContactsSyncAdapter app didn't have permission to edit contacts, so had to enable that also under app management.

Irishlass1
Visitor

I know this is an old post but it helped me after hours of failed attempts & research: my Contacts Storage was also somehow disable! Thank you thank you thank you!
yogeshgupta
Visitor

Same happened to me whn flashed cm13 and gapps.
Later I installed googlecontactssyncadapter.apk 6.0
Make sure try below.
- reboot
- remove/add google account
- google play atore/googl play service clear cacsh
- soon u will notice contact sync appears in google account

Regards
D53221
Visitor

Hi guys I have Xperia t2 ulttra dual it has lolipop version n this phone has cracked but work fine at now wanna change it's display if u have its display plz infrom me if u have how much should I pay? As well as this phone has body scratch like discoloured do u have any idea to make like new?
ammarmalhas
Visitor

I just found out that running "Google Calendar" app (download from Google Play) on my Huawei synced the "hidden" google calendar (look into the apps settings and calendars on the top left hand corner. Running this app forced a calendar sync and all my events are now visible and the Calendar Sync option in the Gmail account in the Users & Accounts section of Settings is now visible again.

I hope someone out there finds this helpful.

HarryH
Visitor

Huawei Honor 8x: EMUI 8.2.

Still no solution for me to have Contacts appear as a "Sync" option in Google Accounts.

Calendar, Chrome, Gmail, Google Fit (LOL) Sync People and Sync Play Games Cloud all there and turned on, but still no Google Contacts!!

I even downloaded the Google Contacts APK as Google Contacts was missing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoBkzqngsnY

How do I get this thing to work here please???

P.S. Chinese purchase with Play Store installed and all operating nicely. 128GB Internal Memory, Dual Sim + Memory Card Slot; 6GB RAM (awesome phone BTW, for the low money!!!).