Join now - be part of our community!

Selfie stick not connecting!

Scyther
Visitor

Selfie stick not connecting!

My selfie stick of Kjstar z07-5 doesn't connect with my Xperia miro ST23i. I tried a few times to connect using bluetooth but it doesn't. Is this the issue of my phone, or bluetooth, or the selfie stick(I have tried it with other brands and there it works)?
Thanks in advance!
10 REPLIES 10
Johan
Master

Hi and welcome @Scyther!

I'm not sure exactly how your selfie stick works but check if you can put it in pairing mode somehow and then scan for it in the phone Bluetooth options.

Check the manual for the selfie stick, I believe it should have a pairing mode.

Scyther
Visitor

I've already done that step but still
can't connect.
Johan
Master

So you have the stick as an paired devices under Bluetooth devices in the phone?

Is this the only paired device you have?

Check if it is possible to reset the selfie stick some how and try again and if its still not working you may want to try this selfie stick with another phone to confirm if it could be a problem with it.

Scyther
Visitor

No, there are some other devices, too, under the paired bluetooth devices' list
. I have confirmed that the problem is not with selfie stick.
And I have got not a single way to reset the stick if you have, please assist me.
Johan
Master

Try removing the other paired devices in your Bluetooth list. They may be interfering with the connection to your selfie stick.

Otherwise I'm afraid I have no other suggestion since the phone seems to be working fine with other Bluetooth devices. What you could do is to check with the manufacturer of the stick which phones that are listed as compatible devices.

Scyther
Visitor

Sounds good. Okay I'll try them. And thank you for the suggestions and your time.
ankitspero
Visitor

Anyone found any solution for this.

I think smart connect app is causing the issue.

I can open the camera with smart connect after connecting the selfie stick remote.

But clicking the remote button only reponing the camera.

gane982
Visitor

Hi

am uising  sone xerpia T3 and trying to connect selfie stick its not connecting . when open camera and click the selfie stick button it zooming and taking picture.. please let me know how to fix the issue

TechJunk
Visitor

Shutter button on selfie sticks is like pressing a volume up or down button on your phone.  Xperia phones have a dedicated CAMERA button on the phone, which you would have to have assigned to the shutter button on the stick.  Volume up and down zoom in on the Camera app, which is why your stick is doing that.

Anybody able to find a selfie stick that works with Xperia phones?