Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia Play TP Hdmi Prototype model R800a

hanzho
Visitor

Sony Xperia Play TP Hdmi Prototype model R800a

I recently accquired myself a sony xperia play the TP Hdmi prototype model R800a. I'm confused so I hope someone can help me out. In settings option it states that the sony xperia play I have is the model R800a. It has a sim card slot. When I take out the back cover and battery, on the sticker it also shows that it's the model R800a. However when I connect it in flashtool it doesn't show that the model is a R800a, but just R800. Regardless if it's the model R800a or R800 would anyone know if I can unlock the device and use it to make phone calls and send text messages? I tried putting a sprint sim card in the phone and nothing happens. However when I took it to a wireless phone mobile shop, the sales personel took a GSM simcard and put it in the sony xperia play, and a screen pop up stating that I need to input an unlock code. This is my first time owning an android device and I'm really confused. The sony xperia play that I have has an HDMI connector on it, so i'm sure I have a prototype, because all the sony xperia plays that was released to carriers didn't have the HDMI connector on it. Because it's a prototype model does anyone know if I can even make calls and send text messages on it? Or do I simply just have a PSP-Go system like device on my hand? Please Help.

10 REPLIES 10
psxpetey2
Visitor

hey do you still have this r800 tp hdmi?