Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia V keeps shutting down by itself

Yui
Visitor

Sony Xperia V keeps shutting down by itself

I would like to know why my phone keeps turning off by itself?!

I got my phone in March, however recently, after updating the system on my phone, whenever I use an app, it automatically shuts down.

Sometimes, it just shuts down after the system has booted

This is extremely irritating!!

I am extremely disappointed after switching phone brands to Sony phone for the first time.

My previous phone does not face such a problem when I use my SIM card on it.

Please enlighten me on how to rectify the problem.

42 REPLIES 42
Alexander1
Champion

Sorry to hear about your problems. First of all you can try to start your phone in safe mode. Turn off your phone.  Press and hold the volume down button when the phone starting up and it will boot in safe mode. You will see "safe mode" in the left bottom corner of the display. When in safe mode none of your downloaded 3rd party apps will start. If the phone doesn't shuts down by it self in this mode it is probably caused by a 3rd party app.

If the problem persists in safe mode you can repair the phone software using the program PC Companion:

http://www.sonymobile.com/update

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Yui
Visitor

Even in safe mode, it still shutdowns by itself.

Now the problem is even worse.

It shuts down a few seconds after I turn it on.

As mentioned above, you said it might be an application problem.

Hence, I took the chance to reset the phone to factory settings when the phone was able to function normally.

In the end, the result is the same.

It keeps turning off a few seconds after switching on.

So much talk about third party apps causing problems but it turns out it isn't.

Thanks to your defective product, I got to download and re-install my apps after this phone is fixed (that is when I'm back in Singapore at your service center).

By chance when the phone manages to load all the way, it shuts down when I unlock my phone or try to use its camera function.

Now I can't even turn on my phone!!

Thanks a lot, your product just ruined my holiday trip.

I can't even make phone calls or sms, let alone take pictures.

Even though the phone has wonderful camera capabilities, I can't even use it to take photos.

Should I had known this kind of malfunction were prone to happen, I would have brought my DSLR with me or rather, I would not have sign a recontract with M1 not to mention top up payment for a defective phone like this.

This is my first and worst experience with sony products.

As a result of your defective product, I am unable to capture memorable moments during my holiday. Thanks!!

I will be paying your service center a visit when I'm back.

I hope you guys have prepared yourselves a reasonable explanation.

shamartdesign_y
Visitor

I have same problem that you have. It is most frustrating thing.

lukasgnd
Visitor

I have the same problem too. All things happend to your xperia V is happening to mine too. And now it can't be switched on. With Sony brand reputations in the world I believe Sony will takes responsible to this case and give a satisfaction solution to their customers. Won't u Sony???????

RoarIdse
Visitor

Seems to be the same problem on my device too.

After disabling the internet connection via 3G/4G it has been a lot more stable. Now it shuts down just now and then after phonecalls. If I enable the internet connection it shuts down after a few seconds, and after reboot I will have to disable the internet connection within a few seconds to avoid a new shutdown...

Wifi works fine....

shalu
Visitor

Hello All, I have Xperia Neo V. When I press the power button to put phone in sleep mode, it reboots itself and then it keeps on doing it startup automatically and shutdown as well. Infact I don't even need to press power button, after a while phone goes in a the sleep/hibernate mode and shutsdown itself and then startup/shutdown keeps happening on it's own. However, if I run the music player and keep the volume to nil and then press the power button, it keeps working fine. But by doing so the battery gets drained very fast and there is no ring volume. Please suggest what to do? I can see that there are a lot many people facing this problem and I am sure there  should be a solution to it as well.  Any help extended would be appreciated.

sinatra
Visitor

I have same problem!  Tried powering up in safe mode, phone repair in PC Companion, factory reset.  I have downloaded 0 3rd party apps.  Phone is 2 months old!  All updates complete,  phone up to date and charge the phone each and every day.  This is frustrating!  About to give the phone back very shortly....  

fuddylint74
Visitor

The problems with rebooting and shutting off have nothing to do with software hence you should ignore advice to use SUS and repair. The problem is hardware and specifically related to the motherboard. One possible reason is that the phones haven't been soldered properly causing them to defect and ultimately shutting of your phone. Only solution is to get Sony to replace board and hope you don't get another faulty one.
shato45
Visitor

Mine keeps shutting down as well. Just when I wanted to migrate from Samsung. At this rate there is no hope for Sony, very disappointing especially after spending so much money expecting a good phone.