Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia V keeps shutting down by itself

Yui
Visitor

Sony Xperia V keeps shutting down by itself

I would like to know why my phone keeps turning off by itself?!

I got my phone in March, however recently, after updating the system on my phone, whenever I use an app, it automatically shuts down.

Sometimes, it just shuts down after the system has booted

This is extremely irritating!!

I am extremely disappointed after switching phone brands to Sony phone for the first time.

My previous phone does not face such a problem when I use my SIM card on it.

Please enlighten me on how to rectify the problem.

42 REPLIES 42
oblivion1
Visitor

When I make a phone call or receive a phone call my screen go's black and I can't do anything for up to 20mins later, I can't end the call I can't swipe my screen, this has only been happening for the last 3weeks
RabiC
Visitor

After three years of running the Neo V successfully, I ran into this problem of rebooting two days back. Since then, I'm continuously keeping it on ICU (read Charger). I have tried the following:

1. Reset Setings

2. Factory Reset.

3. Rooting the device.

4. Recovery wih Cache Wipe and flashing custom ROM.

Please do not try any one of these, because none of them work at all.

The phone keeps rebooting the second it goes to sleep or it is locked.

Its hard to believe that it is a hardware problem.

But why is nobody talking from Sony side. I am very very frustated and I am giving one more day towards solving this, else I'll be holding the flag "NO MORE SONY".

Kuzuzunkpho
Visitor

When I open my gallery or movie app automatically it shut downs. This is happening from taday itself. Please suggest for heal the condition I don't want to lose my xperia t2 ultra.
Bezer
Visitor

I've had the very same problem across all Sony phones. Every time that I turned my phone on it would load up, freeze and then turn itself off. The problem went away as soon as I took my memory card of my phone. I hope this helps you with your very annoying problem.

mayco
Visitor

I will try this. Hope it works with my phone Experia E3.. I dont know what happened. Its working fine, then suddenly it just shut down, and when I try to turn it on, it turns on and turns off by itself.

Manojm
Visitor

Even I have the same issue with my Z1... Initially it started with battery draining rapidly, once the handset is removed from charger the battery charge indicator change immediately to 80 or 75 % and within 5 minutes it will be showing battery low and shut down. Once I switch it back it will be showing 60% and goes down after 5 minutes of usage. I have replaced the battery suspecting issue with it but no respite.Worst part is Sony service center is not even accepting this model for service.I did a mistake investing in Sony thinking of the brand value. Totally frustrated with the experience, anyways lessons learned and I have placed order for another phone from a different manufacturer and no more Sony mobiles.
DicksonM1
Visitor

Was very excited to buy my first SONY phone precisely SONY Experia M 5 Dual in Dec 2016. Barely one month down the line, I am a very disappointed person because the phone keep switching off and will not switch on till I connect to power. Mind you the battery is fully charged. At first it had a delay to connect to data every time i switch data on even when it was few days old. I ignored this but the problem still persists. What is more annoying is the random switch off which makes me feel like smashing the phone against a wall...Any help. The phone is still under warranty. I want a replacement!

Tiger-Eng
Visitor

I have facing the same problem today too. It keeps on auto shut down and restart back.

sometimes it detects sim card removed and i thought is sim card problem.

After i try remove my memory card out and reinsert back, It stops shut down.

Let's try this and this works !

MauriceSCL
Visitor

Been having this problem for like a week. Some have said it might be related to malware, but I don't really know. It's really pissing me off and it always does it, no matter if it's charging or not (btw I own a 2015 Xperia E4). It will only shut down if it's not charging however, but as soon as I plug it onto my laptop it won't shutdown anymore, but I just can't go around everywhere with a charger. Please help.

Jojo16
Visitor

Omg, your condition is 100% just like mine @DicksonM!!! So disappointed with sony. Wth is going on with this type of phone.