Join now - be part of our community!

Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped.

SOLVED
gholam
Visitor

Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped.

I updated my TX a few days ago. After the update this hellish message started showing up:  "Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped.". A restart seemed to solve the issue for a day or so. But now it's back with a vengeance and it's really annoying.  I can't open my foto albums, my ringtones and alarmtones keep changing, the phone starts vibrating for no reason and the battery is dropping faster than it should. Honestly, it's making the phone all but unusable. I need help, guys.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hampus
Champion

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

I suggest that you go to Settings > Apps > The tab "All" > Media storage > Clear data. Restart your unit and let it reload your media files to see if this might solve your issue.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Hampus
Champion

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

I suggest that you go to Settings > Apps > The tab "All" > Media storage > Clear data. Restart your unit and let it reload your media files to see if this might solve your issue.

gholam
Visitor

How do I "let it reload" the media files?

gholam
Visitor

So far so good. Slightly_smiling_Face

abdillah
Visitor

tq for the solution..thinking to format dis hfon..hoho.

mick17
Visitor

I follow the step that was given Setting>App>"All" but i couldnt see Media Storage>Clear Data.

jakkoamsterdam
Visitor

I have this problem too!

But i did some research and i found that the phone start to struck in the software for some reason.

I can trigger this problem also with a brand new phone straight out of the box and what is happen is this.

As soon i tryed to set the clock alarm settings after restart or reboot the phone,the clock freezes as soon as i try to do some settings about alarm set.

Another thing that happens is that the download app,(the green button with the arrow)in the main menu freezes as well and that triggered the popup as mentioned above.

I tryerd several times a rard reset as wel a complete firmware recovery dut for so far nothing helps.

The phone become very hot and the battery drains very quickly.

Also scrolling the screen doesn't work also not very smooth after this problem.

I tryed all the things that others mentioned as cleaning the memory and the app memory but nothing works.

The only thing that helps is putting the phone on ultra stamina,after that the phone acts normal as the phone should be,but useless for the reason why i have an smartphone.

Before i had the xperia z ultra and the z2 and those phones works perfect with the same configuation and sd card memory as this z3 dual phone.

So i assumed that there is something wrong in the firmware of the z3 dual,because i have tested already 3 different z3 dual phones for so far. And with exact the same problems.

PLEASE SONY HELP ME,because if everythings works the same as om my previous sony xperia phones this z3 dual is the best phone i ever had.

jakkoamsterdam
Visitor

Finally it works!!!

I try to clean the media cache and now it seems to work!!.

Iam so happy!

Because this problem was so frustrating!.

But i discovered that i have to do this everytime when i reboot the phone,or simply shut it of and on.

I i didnt clean the media cache and erase storage in the media ,the problem pops up erverytime and that make me guessing that there is something wrong in the firmware,because i didnt have this problem with my previous xperia z ultra as wel with the z2.

But i discovered that i have to do this everytime when i reboot the phone,or simply shut it of and on.

if i didnt clean the media cache and erase storage in the media ,the problem pops up erverytime and that make me guessing that there is something wrong in the firmware,because i didnt have this problem with my previous xperia z ultra as wel with the z2.

kirantaware
Visitor

Unfortunately android system stopped error detect
because I removed directly sim card from mobile

how can I do
dbyrd
Visitor

Still having the same pop up after clearing all data from media storage, also getting 'Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped.' and 'Unfortunately, Gmail has stopped.'; what are other fixes?

Thanks