Join now - be part of our community!

Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped.

SOLVED
gholam
Visitor

Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped.

I updated my TX a few days ago. After the update this hellish message started showing up:  "Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped.". A restart seemed to solve the issue for a day or so. But now it's back with a vengeance and it's really annoying.  I can't open my foto albums, my ringtones and alarmtones keep changing, the phone starts vibrating for no reason and the battery is dropping faster than it should. Honestly, it's making the phone all but unusable. I need help, guys.

13 REPLIES 13
Cookie1944
Visitor

How do I stop this stupid message. All replies. Direct people to their phones. I have an I phone but can’t find any of the items mentioned. Help Help

christin27
Visitor

After clearing the data also, nothing happend. HELP! 

me2you2
Visitor

@Hampuswrote:

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

I suggest that you go to Settings > Apps > The tab "All" > Media storage > Clear data. Restart your unit and let it reload your media files to see if this might solve your issue.

"Unfortunately google has stopped" keeps popping up on my Xperia Z every min. or so.

So frustrating, and the phone is lagging now.

I've had 2 Xperia Z (C6603) phones, with few problems, but this just appeared.

I tried clearing the cashe on media storage, as sugested , but it's still there?

Any help would be great.

I can"t afford

another phone right now.

AJ123
Visitor

I followed these instructions while  google photos was uploading photos to my google drive account. After restarting 100s of photos were gone. 

Tags (1)