Join now - be part of our community!

W580i Driver? I need to transfer pics to my pc!

SOLVED
lilith72
Visitor

W580i Driver? I need to transfer pics to my pc!

Hi all, I had the W580i ages ago and realized last week when my dog died that his puppy pics were on it.  So, it has no internet access and blue tooth won't work, so I tried transferring the pics with the USB cable only to be told I need the driver.  PLEASE tell me someone out there has the driver to do this????  Thanks so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lilith72
Visitor

Hey there,  Just an update.  It's amazing what you find with a really old phone. HA!  So, the Sony program didn't work.  In some places it did recognize my phone but not in others.  But then, a thought occurred to me and checked to see if I had a memory card in the phone (I didn't think much about them back then).  I did not....so I went and bought the M2 Microstick with adapter, moved the pics to the memory stick and boom...  problem solved and all the pics are now on my pc.  Such an obvious solution, but sometimes we don't look the most obvious solution.  Thanks for the help!    

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@lilith72

That's an old device, I still have few of those, haven't tested it myself BUT see if you can find and install Sony PC Suite 

https://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/sony-ericsson-pc-suite-16/#gref

lilith72
Visitor

It is old.  I had emailed the pics to myself a few years ago but they aren’t showing in my mail.  Dumb me should have saved them at that point.  Thanks for the suggestion- I’ll try it!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@lilith72

No problem, keep us updated. 

lilith72
Visitor

Hey there,  Just an update.  It's amazing what you find with a really old phone. HA!  So, the Sony program didn't work.  In some places it did recognize my phone but not in others.  But then, a thought occurred to me and checked to see if I had a memory card in the phone (I didn't think much about them back then).  I did not....so I went and bought the M2 Microstick with adapter, moved the pics to the memory stick and boom...  problem solved and all the pics are now on my pc.  Such an obvious solution, but sometimes we don't look the most obvious solution.  Thanks for the help!