Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Keyboard additional languages?

Gungnir
Visitor

Xperia Keyboard additional languages?

Hi I was wondering if there is any way to add additional language packs to the Xperia keyboard? (i know where to change the language, but the one i want isn't there)

I know that third party apps would fix this, but i really like the xperia keyboard. I used swiftkey for a while... I don't like it.

Would it be possible to install a language pack from another keyboard app and have the Xperia keyboard use it?

any input or advise would be greatly appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
Thommo
Genius

On my phone I can go into Settings - Language and keyboard open Xperia Keyboard then Writing Languages and choose from a list of all languages which then leaves your phone language as you want it but changes the language of the keyboard or the sysmbols on the keyboard

Thommo
Genius

Or you can open say a message open the settings via a crossed spanner and screwdriver choose Writing Languages and then choose what language you want to use when typing a message

Gungnir
Visitor

^ This i know, But the language i want didn't come installed on the phone.

Thanks anyway... If i figure out how to get additional languages on the stock keyboard I will post it here.

Johan
Master

Unfortunately we don't have any separate language packages, but I guess that if someone has developed an language pack for the Xperia keyboard as an installable .apk you could be able to install this. But I'm not sure if it would require root access or not.

profile.country.nl_GB.title
heebeli34
Visitor

the Xperia keyboard already supports a lot of languages as it is, so this is clearly a feature Sony cares about. You could try to contact Sony support directly. Open a support ticket for a feature request to add support for the missing language in a future update. I was quite successful with that approach with HTC for my previous phones. HTC actually implemented more than half of my feature requests within one or two firmware updates. I would expect Sony to be similarly responsive to reasonable requests like language support.

In the meantime, you could try the Multiling Keyboard from developer Honso. It is free and it supports more languages than most other keyboard.

musicmed
Visitor

Hello App developer for Sony Xperia Keyboard.

I am using latest Sony Xperia Keyboard app from Play store on my Sony Z3. Unfortunately the language support of the Hindi is the weak  and missing the  imp  alphabets of the language of hindi itslef. Look below of end of 3rd row  characters  which I cannot find how can be typed. They are part of the Hindi language and still missing.  Google keyboard, swiftkey and most of the keyboard allows us to constuct these but Xperia  keyboard do not know who to do it. Please let us know how that can be achived. IT would be wonderful if you can support this as I like xperia keyboard.

Anant

characrs lhttp://swiftkey.com/en/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/MarathiLayouts-SwiftKeyAndroid.pngike

musicmed
Visitor

I posted screenshot of swiftkey for reference to missing hindi alphabets.

KyawXinThetPhyo
Visitor

To/
Developers of Sony Xperia Keyboard Application,
I am a xperia user from Myanmar(Burma). I wanna request to add our language(Myanmar Unicode System) to your xperia keyboard application. Our language system is officially support in many operating system such as Android, IOS, Window and Ubantu. So, I wanna request to support Myanmar Unicode Language system in Xperia Keyboard for many xperia users in Myanmar (Burma). If you need technical support for our unicode language system, I will help for this.
With Respect
Kyaw Xin Thet Phyo
HeinHtetOo
Visitor

I want it too, on myanmar unicode font.