Join now - be part of our community!

XPERIA Ray Display Problem!

SOLVED
Srikanth
Visitor

XPERIA Ray Display Problem!

My XPERIA Ray has some problem with display. It does not wakeup from the standby mode.

I gave my phone to Sony service center in Bangalore, India for repair. First, they downgraded my phone form Ice Cream Sandwich to Gingerbread. But it did not fix the issue. I must mention that it took two days to get my phone back.

Again I gave my phone to service center and this time the service center guys told me that they need to replace the PCB/motherboard and it will fix the problem. They took 4 weeks to repair my phone.

After all the waiting, without a phone, I got my phone back two days ago. The motherboard replaced but the display problem still exists. Essentially nothing has changed other than the IMEI number.

Now I am seeing a new problem that the touch screen is not working correctly. I spoke to service center and they are asking me to give the phone for repair again.

I don’t know what to do now. I am not at all interested in waiting for another month without a phone.

I noticed that there are many discussion/threads describing the similar issues. None of them are answered properly.

Sony, please take it serious and do somthing.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/318030

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Srikanth
Visitor

It's bad that SONY is compromising in the quality of the phones just because of market competition.

Also they are completely neglecting the customer support/service.

No matter what kind of problem customer is facing with his phone, it takes 3-4 weeks to fix it. And there is no guaranty that you will get the phone back in time.

Particularly about the Bangalore - India service centers, they are such a pain. They are really hopeless. The receptionists in there don’t have commonsense and the engineers don’t have technical knowledge. Other than updating the phone software they hardly know anything. For any problem in the phone or accessory, they say that it can’t be fixed here and it needs to be sent to head office. And there is no guaranty that your phone will be repaired correctly.

Now I feel like buying a Sony phone is waste of money and servicing it is waste of time!!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Johan
Master

I'm sorry to hear. I suggest that you raise this with your local support team to see what options there are for you to have this resolved.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/contact-info/

Srikanth
Visitor

Thanks Johan!

Your answer is not helpful for me though.

prithviraj1
Visitor

My feelings are same as Srikanth,

The problem is same with me also,I gave my phone for the same display problem on 8th Nov.
After 2 hrs they finally took it and asked me to wait for 20 days.
And now they message me to take the phone,I happily went to service centre and believed it to be true
When I went and checked it wasnt even starting.I went and gave back the phone and after 2 hrs he again says that it will take 1 week for repairing.
Is this a joke Sony,I request you';; not to play with the customers.
A person without a phone for more than 1 month and still I m not sure that the problem will be resolved.

The phone will be out of warranty in 1 month and I dont think Sony will play cheap tricks to pull some money out of me

Srikanth
Visitor

It's bad that SONY is compromising in the quality of the phones just because of market competition.

Also they are completely neglecting the customer support/service.

No matter what kind of problem customer is facing with his phone, it takes 3-4 weeks to fix it. And there is no guaranty that you will get the phone back in time.

Particularly about the Bangalore - India service centers, they are such a pain. They are really hopeless. The receptionists in there don’t have commonsense and the engineers don’t have technical knowledge. Other than updating the phone software they hardly know anything. For any problem in the phone or accessory, they say that it can’t be fixed here and it needs to be sent to head office. And there is no guaranty that your phone will be repaired correctly.

Now I feel like buying a Sony phone is waste of money and servicing it is waste of time!!

Xperia88
Visitor

I have the exact same problem, how to resolve?

Srikanth
Visitor

Sony does not have a solution for this problem!!!

So only option left is to sell your XPERIA and buy a new phone of some other company.

Srikanth
Visitor

The worst service I have ever seen.!!! #SONY #Fail.

adra1004
Visitor

put your phone in a freezer for about 5 min,and it will power on...xD when its cold works very fine, it ís somthing with overheating.