Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia S Battery Drain

SOLVED
Not applicable

Xperia S Battery Drain

I know we're dealing with Android OS here, which isnt the greatest when it comes to battery life but even after setting all connections to manual sync the battery drops rather quickly. Is it just me or is anyone else having the same issue. Lets see if we can get a Bug Fix out of this. 

124 REPLIES 124
profile.country.GB.title
Sees01
Explorer

Without the screens, it makes no sense to discuss something. The issue of the problem is that if the process worked as it is necessary - Phone in hard mode, would have lived longer.

Bobeobi
Contributor

We, who bought Sony's flagship phone Xperia S, trusted the company, trusted the brand. But we are cheated and forgotten. They have announced Wi-Fi Direct feature - there is no, even with updates. Samsung updating 2010 devices to JB - we dont have a word about it. And should I say about broken standart features like Bravia engine or "wake up" problem? We demand:

1. Fix the battery drain problem
  2. Fix the Bravia Engine problem
  3. Fix the Quick Camera button problem
  4. Add Wi-Fi Direct feature
  5. Announce Jelly Bean update schedule
  6. Stop ignoring our legitimate demands
RSXForever
Visitor

my friend, the problem is with the CEO of sony mobile, those who do the company's policy.

Frankly I began planning for Windows Phone 8, no matter how many people hate windows, the extra 100$ I am going to pay for microsoft when buying a new handset would be worth it, for windows is a stable multi-tasking proven and  frequently updated OS, as for those who speak about security well with windows 7, security imporved but then again ... how secure is android ?! and how much privacy do you feel with Google ?! me nothing !!! you can't even hide your personal pictures on your phone, the ICS album will hunt them and add them, same for videos .... Google wants to see everything !! disgusting ... I am not even buying " the cloud " bullshit !! but that's another topic

xperia02
Visitor

besides the battery problems I have a lag in the camera in night mood and other moods.

the wifi signals is poor sometimes.

I can't believe that (sony) ignoring us,even with the latest update the battery improved a little but the problem still exist (the android system still drain the battery)

016jryeker
Visitor

Screenshot_2012-10-20-16-02-55.png

Hi, just want to ask if the battery graph i attached normal? I am light user and mainly use for browsing, but i do notice my phone awake most of the time. Please comment. Thanks.

utsavshah
Visitor

Screenshot_2012-10-28-09-58-19.png

Screenshot_2012-10-28-09-58-29.png

Where is the sleep mode? This wake up thing has pissed me off.

Why is Sony not answering this?

All 2012 devices were featured with extended standby except the S? why?

Edit:

The battery says : " you use the phone or not it doesn't matter to me!"

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

I would say that it's tapatalk that its keeping yoru phone awake

utsavshah
Visitor

but i am not the only one who uses it?

sometimes exchange service is keeping wake ups sometimes it's android system.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

just check the list it use more battery that then screen, and the screen it's the first on the list (for the most part unless you don't use your phone at all) take another screenshot and post both the percentage and then tap on the app and take another screenshot and post them here. I think it's the app acting up

keji
Visitor

Hopefully the new update should do the job. It's out on pc companion but can't download it on my phone here on the UK. And no Sony staffs know what's going on about this situation.