Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia S Battery Drain

SOLVED
Not applicable

Xperia S Battery Drain

I know we're dealing with Android OS here, which isnt the greatest when it comes to battery life but even after setting all connections to manual sync the battery drops rather quickly. Is it just me or is anyone else having the same issue. Lets see if we can get a Bug Fix out of this. 

124 REPLIES 124
Not applicable

Hai Hardiksm,

Have you find any of the processes misbehaving in your case? The actual is same like you, sometime android system, sometime Google Services...

Have you uninstalled/disabled any of this process? - i only disable power saver, but sometime it will revive automaticaly and i'm still searching what's going on for this App..

Sometime my battery life will stand until 2 days with full using, but sometime my battery only stand 1 days full using, with the same problem Android System, Android OS, Google Service, and Power Saver..

Hopefully we can get the solution for this.. now i'm still searching how to uninstall manually the software and check one by one Dizzy_Face and find the culprit

hardikms
Visitor

Hi Credendo,

You won Xperia S? if yes and battery lasting for 2 days is really very good. I have not seen that happening for a single time.

Even I am also trying to find the culprit by disabling the applications. Let's see if something gets find out.

I think, You had suggested in your link to remove the battery. Do you reallly believe that it can be the solution? Did you try it out with Xperis S?

I am just worried about the warrenty.

Has anyone else try this option of removing the battery and found improvement?

Not applicable

Hi folks,

I recieved my Xperia S around 10 days ago.  I upgraded to ICS 7 days ago.  The battery life has not been great and now it is almost unusable - 50% drain over 3 hours without much usuage is unacceptable Please see the attached screenshots.  Any advice on what I should look at?  Doing the battery test shows the battery to be good at 1750mA.

Thanks!

2012-08-05 13.13.15.png2012-08-05 13.13.32.png

2012-08-05 13.12.23.png2012-08-05 13.12.41.png

Not applicable

Sorry to repeat this, but does anyone have any advice on the above issue?

Today the phone managed 7 hours out of the charger with minimal usage before needing re-charged.

Thanks in advance.

hardikms
Visitor

Any new observation friends???

I have been playing with the phone for a while now but still no improvement.

Sony claims 420 hrs on Standby (2G), I hope it's not in flight mode. Slightly_smiling_Face

Not applicable

Hi all

Have just upgraded to the Xperia S and finding the battery life poor even with small use of mobile data and little amount of Wifi. Looking at the battery meter thing it is the Android System that is eating much of the power consistently around 40% my phone has been upgraded to the ICE CREAM SANDWICH PLATFORM any ideas on how to reduce this massive eating of power would be bvery helpful

sbkhbk
Visitor

Hello All,

Can somebody first help me to understand that graph?

I am not able to figure out right with the colors and what do they define..

Thanks in advance.

hardikms
Visitor

So friends, Finally we have solution available. Thanks a lot to Sony.

I think they must have seen this forum and had seen people reaction to xperia s. Slightly_smiling_Face

The latest upgrade 6.1.A.2.45 has solved the battery problem. My battery is lasting for 2 days now with few calls, 100 of SMS and some data usage.

S-sony-S
Visitor

I apdated my phone and still got the same problem...i dont understand,sony delay the ICS for xperia s and they said it's to fix some problems.will in return they give us the worst problem (the battery drain problem) also the wifi signal become worst and some peaple have a new problem thier camputer doesn't identify the phone neither the pc companion.:smileyshocked:

also i noticed that in calls the sound is too low although the speakers in media are great.

I love my xperia S but this problem make me hate it some times.

profile.country.GB.title
Sees01
Explorer

Khmmm after the update - it got worse! Before the update, always turned on WiFi, helped to remove the Android system from the first place in the list of expenses battery (the problem was not solved, just as it helped to reduce the constant WiFi Android Activity Systems) After update - it does not work, the problem persists, Android for several days hangs in first place with about 30 + percent.

PS Googl recognized Xperia  S official with a phone, which will be released updates, as well as the Nexus, but still can not remove the bugs ://!