Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia S Battery Drain

SOLVED
Not applicable

Xperia S Battery Drain

I know we're dealing with Android OS here, which isnt the greatest when it comes to battery life but even after setting all connections to manual sync the battery drops rather quickly. Is it just me or is anyone else having the same issue. Lets see if we can get a Bug Fix out of this. 

124 REPLIES 124
BBQHumanMeat
Visitor

Screenshot_2012-07-04-05-03-35.pngScreenshot_2012-07-04-05-03-41.pngScreenshot_2012-07-04-05-03-46.pngScreenshot_2012-07-04-05-04-17.pngScreenshot_2012-07-04-05-04-27.pngScreenshot_2012-07-04-05-04-23.png

it seems ics on xperia s isn't really stable yet... or its just my battery cant wear for a long period of IDLE mode?

This test was started on at 90% (well i had call from 100% - 90% for a few minutes and it drains my battery dramatically much)

It was left idle from 90% to 74% then, would you notice that the CPU/background awake progress is making much battery draining from it.

At first what I first thought is wi-fi connection might be draining it, so I switched wi-fi off, but what I'm getting here ............Screenshot_2012-07-04-05-04-55.png

I'm starting to wonder if it's my battery's cause or it's OS matter, cause before this I was on .75 firmware, and my battery can't even last for a day that time. Should I send my phone into service (again) or should I wait for software update? It's really inconvenience man.

(EDIT:this test was made after my phone is FULLY REPAIR so what I can really guess it's OS/software issue)

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

repair your phone with SUS do NOT install any taskiller, antivirus nor any other app, and uninstall mcafee

make a phone call and check the battery drain, also

go to settings > about phone > status check the signal strength and post it here

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

BBQHumanMeat
Visitor

Screenshot_2012-07-04-05-50-50.png

impossible it will be apps issue, cause i just made a repair within 12hours and NO APPS INSTALLED.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

you have really bad network coverage that will drain a lot of your battery

BBQHumanMeat
Visitor

thanks for your instant reply bro, but there is something big instead of signal strength. OS is draining much more battery than before even it's in IDLE mode. o.O

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

try my suggestion and do NOT install nor sync any account not even wifi, just use it to make calls, turn off your data, and check again

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

BBQHumanMeat
Visitor

will try it by today, thanks may god bless you Smiling_Face_with_Heart-eyes  (even i'm not homo)

Not applicable

I did flash my Xperia S from Telcel (México) to ICS. Using ICS the battery life really improved. I did have GB but not sure if ICS should reflect a better battery performance as originally expected by sony.  Hope it helps, try updating your OS. Regards.

BarbarosxPeriaS
Visitor

Yeah well, finally I got a good result... After flashing to ICS, I set the screen to a minimum level (hard to see in day light but good in a closed environment like at office, home etc.), turned off the auto sync, the rest is totally free on go...

Now, between 10:00 am (fully charged) and 02:00 am after 16 hrs I get the battery is drained to 51% which is fantastic (for Sony Xperia S) after daily phone calls, e-mails, text messages, a few short browsing session, whatsup use, couple camera shots, data transfer was completely on, wireless was on like couple hours. It seems that ICS 4.0.4 did a good job besides the advantage of getting rid of some unnecessary carrier implanted applications (which were non-uninstallable)...

I believe that the problem was;

a. Geingerbread OS had some issues about the processor loading, graphic processor, ram usage etc. caused the battery to drain so fast,

b. Implanted applications, spying, collecting, informing, they were all the time busy...

By the way, I have all the applications installed and working which I had in Gingerbread... The same apps, the same config....

UmairGondal
Visitor

Anybody help me please after updating my sony xperia s to android4.0 ics my battery is draining a lot, I have to charge it twice a day. I Am not a heavy user too!