Join now - be part of our community!

All Streaming Apps Missing or Not Working

SOLVED
Andrewcvarley
Explorer

All Streaming Apps Missing or Not Working

I'm having the same issue, except I have an Ethernet cable. No connection to the Sony servers for anything is possible. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Hi,

Yes, I can confirm as of early this morning all streaming apps working as normal at my place :thinking:

Regards

If it ain't broke don't fix it

View solution in original post

72 REPLIES 72
maldivesred
Explorer

Same  - I seem to have lost all streaming apps on my sony tv - amazon, youtube and netflix are all down.  Rebooted the cable modem, connection is fine when I've tested it and everthing else in the house is working fine.  Netflix via the tv was working fine yesterday.  Makes me think it is a problem with the sony server.

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Hi,

I cannot be sure right now as I am not at home but before I left all the installed Apps on Blu-ray Player BDP-S5200 were also unavailable. Internet checked out fine and Google web browser was working okay so this eliminates anry wireless signal issues. Did not have the time to check the TV. Somewhat pleased that this is a wider issue and not just a problem with my unit !

Please can someone post back if this is remedied.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all

For everyone who is having troubles, can you please post back a few details

1. Is it only 1 app or multiple?
  2. What error message are you getting? (if amy)
  3. What device and model is this issue on?
  4. Have you rebooted your router?
  5. Have you ruled out a wifi issue by connecting an ethernet cable from device and router?
  6. Can you perform a factory reset of the device?
  7. What ISP are you with?
  8. Any other relevant information?

Cheers

Andrewcvarley
Explorer

1: all apps

2: unable to authenticate on update internet content and unable to access Netflix and other apps

3: kdl-48w585b

4: of course

5: yes

6: have done at least 5 times

7: virgin 

8: it's not an internal network issue,

Andrewcvarley
Explorer

And thank you for your help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Ive separated this thread from the Netflix thread that this was all posted on.  It appears this is a different issue than that of the original poster on the netflix thread.

Cheers

PS: for others, please reply back to those questions as it might help to determine a cause if a wider issue is present.

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Hi Quinnicus,

I wish I could help further but I have had to go out and earn the crust so to speak. I will answer what I had the time to check:

1. Multiple - Amazon, Youtube, Netflix. Demand 5, BBC iPlayer - basically the video apps

2. Checking network connection - then nothing. You can repeat this over and over until you are bored !

3. BDP-S5200 Blu-ray Player - did not have time to check other Sony devices

4. Yes

5. No but Web Browser did work on unit ??

6. Did not have time

7. TalkTalk

8. Set up network connection again on unit, checked internet status etc. and all registering okay with up to 97% signal strength

Hope this helps - for all I know it may be working again now !!

Regards

profile.country.GB.title
Andy181
Explorer

Same here - KDL-32W705c. Bought a couple of weeks ago and all streaming services (Amazon, BBCiplayer etc) set up and working.

Came to it today and got the message 'cannot connnect to this service' and the TV turning on almost instantly without the usual short delay with the SONY logo, almost like it was missing a part of the setup. You Tube and NFB Film sites still work.

All checks showed a good wi-fi connection and internet connection. Over the last few minutes some services are back but slow. This TV is fantastic but not impressed with backup services.

We have an XBOX-1 and this can connect to i-player, Amazon etc without problem.

Andrewcvarley
Explorer

All working now. I wonder if Sony are going to tell us what went wrong.