Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia 32CX523 Configuration Failed While onnecting

SOLVED
DaveKi
Explorer

Bravia 32CX523 Configuration Failed While onnecting

My Bravia 32CX523 fails to connect to the internet.

While in the Refresh Internet Contents screen it displays the message 'Configuration Failed While Connecting' 'The System has Encountered an Error, Please try again later etc'.

I have gone through the - Network setup, Select how to configure the IP address etc screens to the final message that the TV has successfully connected to the Network. So all this apperas to be ok.

Can someone help me please ?

I am using a wired set-up using TP-Link AV600 Powerlines. This setup has worked ok on my other Panasonic TV.

I use Talk Talk.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DaveKi
Explorer

Hello,

Its now working.

I re-configured the Router and re-paired the TP-Links then carried out the Network set-up and it's all now working ok !

Perhaps I didnt do this well enough over the past days.

Anyway, thanks very much for your help, I really appreciate it.

Dave.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Normally you should get an error code number at the beginning or end of the error message (i.e. 2123 or 5001 etc etc).  Either way, a factory reset of the TV is the solution to this problem.

1. Press [Home] on the remote control
  2. Goto Settings > System Settings > General Set-up
  3. Choose Factory Settings and follow on screen instructions.

Cheers

DaveKi
Explorer

Thanks for that, the codes <2200>.

I have tried setting back to factory settings but it's made no difference.

Dave.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thanks for the code number, as it helps to point you to this article:

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/84343/

Cheers

DaveKi
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus,

Thanks for trying to help me.

I've tried all the steps in the attached article and it's still failing with the same error message.

All steps like re-booting the router and detaching the cable all produced the same error message when failing to connect. I also changed the IP address and this failed.

Is there anything else to try or have I reached the end of the road ?

My family are urging me to get an amazon Firestick and do it that way !!

Thanks,

Dave.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Before you got this error message - what changed?  Did you move ISPs, did you get a new router, or....?

When troubleshooting, it is always best to remove any additional devices and break it down to the most simplistic of setups. 

Is there any possibilty in moving the router closer to the TV (or the TV closer to the router) and using an ethernet cable from the router to the TV - removing the homeplugs from the equation at this stage.  This is purely for a test to see if it is indeed the homeplugs.

Cheers

DaveKi
Explorer

Hello,

Its now working.

I re-configured the Router and re-paired the TP-Links then carried out the Network set-up and it's all now working ok !

Perhaps I didnt do this well enough over the past days.

Anyway, thanks very much for your help, I really appreciate it.

Dave.

profile.country.GB.title
grahamf505
New

I'm experiencing a similar problem.

Have re-set the TV to its factory settings and re-booted my router.  I'm connecting the TV to my router via an ethernet cable prior to trying any other connection.

I can see the TV from my router and the TV says it's connected to the internet but it fails when I try to refresh content.

I have TP link AC750 router and accessing the internet works fine from my laptop, mobiles and over devices.

Cheers

Graham