Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL-40EX43B Internet connection problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bladettes1981
Visitor

Bravia KDL-40EX43B Internet connection problem

Hi

I'm hoping someone has the answer ro my problem. I have spoken with Sony twice today and apparently they have escalated the problem and will call me within a week but wondered if someone could help in the meantime.

I have owned this tv for 13 months - bought the sony dongle straight away and got up and running no problem.

Then about a week ago it was hit and miss whether it would work ie lovefilm, iplayer and 5od. also sometimes struggled to refresh content.

Yesterday i checked the firmware. The internet firmware was the right one but the blueray was out of date so updated that - so had internet content as recently as yesterday.

have checked internet speed a few times and nearly 5mbps.

have not changed router/ password or anything. i have an echo life hg532.

today the iplayer wouldnt work so bit the bullet and called sony.

he told me to do a factory restore - done. reinputted all router info and no luck still. and lost symbols for iplayer etc now.

he then sent me to web address sonycic.custhelp.com and search for prob 1042. (it wont let me paste the link here for some reason). tried everything here - all ip, mask and gateway match. so rang back to tell them all this.

was then suggested to try a wired connection but i cant as cables arent long enough (friend might be bringing me one at weekend so will post an update) but i cant see this helping as the dongle is finding the router and telling me signal strength etc. 

when i go to check connection settings in network  section it says wireless device ok, local ok and internet ok.  then when i go to refresh internet settings it fails giving various error codes such as 2123 and 2200.

so to me the dongle seems to be working, settings are right just the widget/tele connection part is failing.

is there software in the dongle that needs updating manually etc?

my sister has a dongle and is coming monday so i can try this then and again update the thread if not solved by then.

think thats everything at the moment...

any help would be appreciated...thanks

Message was edited by: Bladettes1981

Message was edited by: Bladettes1981

Message was edited by: Catmambo

4 REPLIES 4
Catmambo
Contributor

Make sure you have the latest firmware for your router as well - check with your ISP to see if an update is required.

It sounds like a bandwidth or interference problem on your network potentially - something has definitely changed on your network if the TV is struggling to get the information. I'd definitely try and hardwire the TV into your router and see if that makes a difference as a first step.

Thanks

KDL-CX520
Visitor

Bladettes1981 wrote:

.  then when i go to refresh internet settings it fails giving various error codes such as 2123 and 2200.

Hi,

As mentined above the direct ethernet cable is the best way to isolate the problem

Other points you may consider when get this error:

1- This codes pop up in open Wi-fi connections , Try logging into a secure Wifi that requires just one device to login to the wifi password.

2- Go to TV internet browser and try browse any URL by typing www. google.com  as example. Is it work? if YES , that mean Sony internet network blocked your TV MAC number to get the internet content ( Sony network staff responsable to fix this, sometimes the service staff not aware about that codes because it belongs to Sony internet network team) . You can postpone this point until you try direct ethernet cable first to see if it is blocked or not.

Bravia55HX

Hi,

theres not a lot of difference in terms of wired or wireless only that with a wired connection it a little more stable and less likely to drop out, i have phones, laptop, 2 pc's, blu ray, games console, and tv ALL on wireless no probs!, try also re setting your router, un plug it for a couple of minutes then plug it back in, see if it helps.

bnegreen
New

I have the same problem withmy Sony KDL32Ex403 tv!

Has worked with internet TV for years but now no connection with any internet tv....I have another Sony tv with dongle which works perfectly and have tried second dongle on both Tvs and Tv is definately at fault...Can Sony help or advise?