Join now - be part of our community!

Confused by 3D options on new W829

ChutneyLove
Explorer

Confused by 3D options on new W829

Hi everyone. I just purchased a KDL55W829. Great tv for standard pictures. However I'm struggling to find information on the 3D settings. Can anyone explain to me the "3D Auto" menu? :thinking:

In the 3D Auto menu I have the options "Auto1", "Auto2" and "off". I have no idea what the difference between the first two is or even which I should be using? 

I will only be watching 3D content on Bluray Disc. 

Using information from other forums I have managed to calibrate the standard TV settings and am happy with the 2D image. But I can find no information for 3D!

I understand that the 3D abilities of the W829 are not its strongest forte and I did not buy it for 3D but I would like to maximise its full potential in all areas if possible.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated!

Spoiler
:slight_smile:
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Darbo25

If i remember correctly auto 1 means the tv will automatically recognise a 3d blu ray and switch to 3d mode,  auto 2 means it'll recognise side by side and over under broadcasts (such as a sporting event),  with these turned off you'll have to manually switch between 3d and standard as necessary,  personally i only have auto 1 selected as the tv sometimes gets confused and switches for no reason,  also if you look at your glasses options and switch them to Low you might find you get a more comfortable experience.