Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia not finding server on wired network

profile.country.en_GB.title
si37788
Visitor

Bravia not finding server on wired network

I have a Bravia KDL 22 EX320 in the conservatory at the back of the house (opposite end to the wireless router)

The TV finds my DNLA server when set up on the wireless network & works fine, but the TV is slow on wireless for streaming from the internet so I now have it connected via an AV mains adaptor, the internet streaming is now OK but the TV can not find the server !

I have a Samsung TV in the living room connected to the same network via an AV adaptor & it finds the server OK and everything works, any suggestions ?

Steve

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
si37788
Visitor

I will answer my own question & hope it will help others with the same problem.

I took the TV from the conservatory to the lounge and took the ethernet cable from the Samsung TV that was detecting the server plugged it into the Sony TV and it detected the server, so I thought the AV connection to the Conservatory was the problem, I put the Sony back in the Conservatory connected it up and it now works fit found the server straight away ! go figure !

In my opinion the Sony software is not as good as the Samsung, with Sony if you try and browse for the next music to play while music it playing it stops the music, with Samsung you can browse for the next selection while you are still playing music, is there a way round this ?