Join now - be part of our community!

Browsing issues using the sony Bravia Sony KDL50W656 50 Inch

SOLVED
8balluk
Explorer

Browsing issues using the sony Bravia Sony KDL50W656 50 Inch

Hi

Just brought the above television and I have an issue with browsing the internet. It won't let me search.

I originally tried to search on the sony default page with no success. I changed the URL to Google where it would let me type my search but wouldn't they do the search. Strangely, if I switched to google images it completes the image search. I've got back to the web search and tried again but to no avail.

I've restarted the television and still nothing.

Can anyone please help?
Tags (3)
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

It does seem indeed strange. 

Other than a full factory reset, I don't have any other suggestions to be honest. 

Is Google faffing around with their system?  At least you have a search page anyway, and arguably the startpage is better, purely on privacy reasons - but doesnt have the same ring as "googling the answer"  :slight_smile:

8balluk
Explorer

Are you familiar with this tv?

I've got to say I'm not impressed with the picture quality at all
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im not familiar with this exact model tv, however if you can explain whats wrong with the picture quality, maybe there are some settings to adjust that may help.

Have you adjusted any picture settings yet?

8balluk
Explorer

Currently I'm using a scart lead from a virgin box. Now I know this means I won't get a fantastic method this way but my previous tv (Samsung 42 inch plasma PS42A457P1D) using the same method, the picture was fine.

I didn't change the setting but my mrs I believe was messing around this morning with it. I believe it's possible to reset these setting anyway
Anonymous
Not applicable

I honestly "strongly" recommend getting rid of the SCART cable - take the plunge and go to HDMI, you will not be disappointed !!  :slight_smile:

It is possible to reset the picture settings, press the [Options] button on the remote control, goto picture settings and theres an option to "reset" it. 

Also the "Scene Select" may have been adjusted accidently as well, see link below:

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/13LW600114/EN/c_aadjust_scene.html

If its not the picture settings, and you are not sure what settings were adjusted, a factory reset it the way to go.

One of the settings that I recommend that you turn OFF is the Light-sensor in ECO settings.  See link for instructions:

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/13LW600114/EN/c_aadjust_lsensor.html

Hopefully this helps!

Cheers

8balluk
Explorer

Thanks I ll have a look at them links later.

Using the scart lead is not out of choice. The media box we have doesn't have that facility but just rang up virgin who are going to send out a later version box with hdmi. So by this time next week hopefully everything will be resolved

Thanks for all your help
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brilliant - well done to Virgin for that.  If only TalkTalk would send me a new router as easy as that, I would be happy, but its like pulling teeth.

You are welcome by the way, happy to try and help :slight_smile: