Join now - be part of our community!

Condensation behind glass screen on KDL-40HX703

profile.country.en_GB.title
jockanroll
Visitor

Condensation behind glass screen on KDL-40HX703

If it is a sunny day in the morning after a cold night, I get condensation down the righthand side of screen. This then moves to the top of the screen. Others have had this - see:http://community.whathifi.com/forums/523873/ShowThread.aspx#523873

See attached photos. This problem has happened twice since 30th October 2010.

Is this a design fault?

Also, now and again there is a cracking sound with a flash across screen (only on HD channels).

Is this problem related - it's like a capacitor discharging.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi jockanroll,

where is the TV located.?

Have you tried moving the TV to a different location in your house to see if the condensation problem disappears.?

jockanroll
Visitor

It is located in the living room in the only place it can go.

I have a service call outstanding to pick up and check the TV but due to the weather, thay have not been able to come - hopefully tomorrow?

I need them to check that the condensation is not still present between the glass & the panel.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I have a service call outstanding to pick up and check the TV but due to the weather, thay have not been able to come - hopefully tomorrow?

I need them to check that the condensation is not still present between the glass & the panel.

Have a service engineer check your bravia is probably the best option, could you let us know the outcome please..

jockanroll
Visitor

My TV went to TVRS - http://www.tvrs-uk.com/

They have released the front glass, dried out the space, resealed and tested OK.

I will receive the TV back tomorrow.

Hopefully it will be fixed. If not, I will demand a new TV!!

I guess there must have been moisture trapped?

Any comments?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

They have released the front glass, dried out the space, resealed and tested OK.

That's good news hopefully tvrs have resolved the problem now..:smileyhappy: