Join now - be part of our community!

Constant display of channel / resolution - how to turn off?

SOLVED
grundyn
New

Constant display of channel / resolution - how to turn off?

I have a Sony KDL-32S3020 which I have connected via HDMI to a computer, to allow me to watch video files through it (essentially an HTPC setup).

The problem I have is that whenever the TV is showing the HTPC output, the channel name (AV5), number, and resolution are constantly on in the top left corner of the screen as you look at it. They don't show constantly on normal TV, and I'm at a loss as to how to get rid of them.

I have tried:

- Different HDMI ports on the TV

- Trying to autodetect HDMI devices via the sony menu settings

- Altering settings in the graphics card control (catalyst)

Any help gratefully received.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Have you tried pressing the i+ button on the TV's remote control (top left-hand side)?  You might have to press it a couple of times, to cycle through other display information.

Cheers

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Have you tried pressing the i+ button on the TV's remote control (top left-hand side)?  You might have to press it a couple of times, to cycle through other display information.

Cheers

grundyn
New

Thank you - that has worked, and has worked embarrassingly quickly at that! Accepted as solution: thank you again.

ntgreek
New

Does not work for me... all the button does is turn the info bar off temporarily Model KD-49XD7005

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ntgreek

Unfortunately that solution I posted above is for a different model TV - as well as its not an Android based TV like yours.

For your TV, you can switch the info banner off completely by :

Home > Settings > Channel Setup > Info Banner > OFF

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Hamsterlord
Explorer

I have the Bravia 49XE7002 and have the same issue. Every time adverts come on then it flickers up with the HDMI channel number and resolution. Then it stays on.

ie HDMI 2 1080p

The only way I can get rid is to turn the tv off and back on again.

profile.country.GB.title
Queerboy
New

Cheers for the guidance, that worked for me! 👌

profile.country.GB.title
jamiebert
New

Got the same issue. Did anyone solve it xe7002 connected to virgin v6 box ? 

profile.country.GB.title
Babbacombelee
Explorer

I have a Sony Bravia 55XE8596B and had the same info banner at the top which thanks to your post, has now gone. But I am now seeing a ‘Screen Format: Full’ message bottom left hand corner which appears every time at startup and then disappears after a short while. It has only just started. Any ideas how to remove it?

profile.country.GB.title
alajohns604
Explorer

This works on a

KD-49XE9005

Thanks.