Join now - be part of our community!

Didnt get European Guarantee Information Document!!!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
centurion
Visitor

Didnt get European Guarantee Information Document!!!

Hi, I recently purchased a KDL-55NX813 and i am supposed to send the European Guarantee Information Document off to Sony to claim back my VAT. But the TV box didnt contain the document.

I phoned the hotline for the VAT claim back and they said i need to obtain the European Guarantee Information Document.

Is this true?  Can any confirm this? Can i not just send my 5 year warrenty document instead with sales invoice?

helpppppppp plssss

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StartTheCar
Contributor

They are correct, nothing specific for Bravia in terms if the guarantee supplied.  The most important thing is to keep the sales receipt, which effectivly acts as your guarantee anyway.

Regards
Lee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
centurion
Visitor

I spoke to Sony Center and they said its a generic document. So i can  just use the one from my speaker system and just fill in the details  for my TV on the back with there name and address.

Can i do this?

StartTheCar
Contributor

They are correct, nothing specific for Bravia in terms if the guarantee supplied.  The most important thing is to keep the sales receipt, which effectivly acts as your guarantee anyway.

Regards
Lee

c0mput0r
Visitor

me too bought the Tv from comet no european warranty document so will they give me the Vat back?

Best

Rob

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Rob,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

You can download the European Guarantee Document from HERE