Join now - be part of our community!

Display laptop on TV via wifi

profile.country.en_GB.title
Rylie_2010
Visitor

Display laptop on TV via wifi

Hi folks

I'm looking at getting a SONY tv for work so that we can do powerpoint presentations on it but it has to be via wifi as we dont want cables everywhere.  I've called Sony, went to a Sony shop and went to another store and keep getting told different information in each place!

What we would like is a 60 inch screen with wifi to which we can connect a laptop and display whatever is on the laptop screen via wifi.  So could you please advise which screen is good for this?  Also, do we need anything else like wireless router, wireless USB dongle for the TV etc?

I think the Sony Bravia KDL-60EX700 should be ok for this?

Thanks for your help!

5 REPLIES 5
Catmambo
Contributor

You would need something like this to make the connection as none of the TV's would be able to do it without the addition of a peripheral.

http://www.q-waves.com/av_kit.php

Not an official endorsement, but seeminly would acomplish what you are trying to do. The 60" BRAVIA's do look fantastic though!

thanks

Rylie_2010
Visitor

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:  Its weird though, everyone keeps giving me different answers about this.  First Sony said a wireless dongle + TV is enough, then they said wireless dongle + TV + wireless router is enough, in a big store nearby they were telling me I need some streaming media device, and now this too... Its getting confusing!

Thanks!

Catmambo
Contributor

From your description - this is the only solution that will work as the wifi dongle will simply connect the TV to the Internet whereas seemingly you want to send your laptop screen to the TV wirelessly right ?

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Wifiwins36

Unsure if you have a question or whether this was an accidental post?

Cheers