Join now - be part of our community!

EPG reminder function stopped working on 01/01/21

profile.country.GB.title
almaxwe18
Explorer

EPG reminder function stopped working on 01/01/21

I have 2 old TVs - KDL20S4000 & KDL26S3000 - as of this morning (1st Jan 2021) the reminder function on the EPG stopped working. When I try to set the reminder I get an error message saying "This event data is invalid". I use the reminder function a lot to plan my viewing. How do I get ***** working again?

68 REPLIES 68
profile.country.GB.title
Scottydog124578
Explorer

thanks for the update, hopefully that employ action and not just words!!

profile.country.GB.title
Sue422
Explorer

My TV has same problem. It’s a KDL-40V2000

Very sad

profile.country.GB.title
CJENKS
Explorer

I have the same problem too

profile.country.GB.title
dreamtheimpossibledream
Explorer

Has anyone reported this problem to Sony?  My husband reported it on the 3rd January 2021; checked for update from Sony on 8th January 2021; referred by Sony to Freeview.

Freeview are aware of the problem and are working with Sony.    Covid 19 vaccine may be successfully rolled out before this lot get the problem resolved!

Tags (2)
profile.country.GB.title
almaxwe18
Explorer

Any idea who to contact in Sony to log this?

profile.country.GB.title
PopperTop
Explorer

I contacted Sony UK on twitter, they said their engineers are investigating the issue.

profile.country.GR.title
katrini
Explorer

I had sent a message SONY (there is a contact form) and they replied with some solutions. I tried the first one and it worked. 

profile.country.GB.title
readerwendy
New

What did you try that cured it?
profile.country.GR.title
katrini
Explorer

Unplug the tv, press the ON button for 30" and then turn it on. If the SONY logo is on, it is fine. There are more solutions if this does not work but, as the answer is in Greek, I have to read them again and translate. I can say that SONY Greece was very professional and quick giving me solutions.

profile.country.GB.title
PopperTop
Explorer

That's a power cycle. Does nothing for the invalid EPG data issue, there's a coding conflict somewhere with the time/date seeing how this all started when 2020 turned to 2021.