Join now - be part of our community!

External hard drives on 46EX723

profile.country.GB.title
Alloneword
New

External hard drives on 46EX723

I have a newish 46EX723, it is connected to my router (O2 Wireless Box IV,  a rebadged Thomson SpeedTouch TG587nv2) via a 10m ethernet cable, my router has 2 USB sockets on it and after plugging in an external 2TB USB drive I could access everything on it via the usual menus on the TV (media would see 2 usb sticks as well as the router), so given i wanted to fill this with various media stuff I didn't want to go to all this work to fill it only for the drive to die one day and get stuff so I also bought a Icy Box IB-RD4320StU3 ( http://www.raidsonic.de/en/products/details.php?we_objectID=7059 ) working on the basis of running it in RAID1.

My main system is oldish and only has native USB2 support and IcyBox is USB3 but i thought that was backwards compatable but when i plug the IcyBox into the router i cannot access it from the TV.

So is it the TV that is causing the problem with lack of USB3 support, or is it the fact that the router is only USB2 spec, or because the IcyBox is a "raid" box, right now it's formatted as NTFS I know TV says it will not support that but when i had 2TB drive going via USB2 caddy it worked fine so it can't be that.

If it's the IcyBox that is the problem what other USB3 enclosure would people suggest, i'd like it to be able to handle a min of 2 hard drives.

If you need more info from me just let me know.

All1

0 REPLIES 0