Join now - be part of our community!

external HDD format for Bravia - reformatted and no longer working

profile.country.GB.title
pjorr911
New

external HDD format for Bravia - reformatted and no longer working

Hi all,

I have a Sony bravia KD-43X7000E. I have a external 2TB seagate HDD that I had connected for recording programs. I registered it as the HDD device and it was working fine it it's original format of NFTS. i had used it exclusively with the TV. 

I disconnected it and reformatted to FAT 32 as this was recommended format on Sony tech site. I also use a mac and was keen to load up some video files and access them on the box.

However...it is now reading the HDD fine however I cannot record any longer. Have tried to de-register and and re-register via the recording device setup however I get the "HDD connected to USB port is not recognised" error message. I then tried to reformat to ex-fat and still no good. 

Is it possible to format a HDD, use to save some files and then re-use it for TV recording? Is it a one way shot? Or perhaps I need to re-format to NFTS? I could try to do so with some software as opposed to disk utility however Ideally I would be able to  write on the HDD and also  use it for it's main use of recording.

Hope that explains my issue well enough - any / all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Phil 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

Have you updated to the latest firmware?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
pjorr911
New

Hi Michael, thanks for the response.

Yes, I have ran software update and am on v1.719-1.500-0002.

Any further thoughts?

Cheers