Join now - be part of our community!

Faulty? KDL-40EX503

profile.country.sv_SE.title
GlockenGold
Visitor

Faulty? KDL-40EX503

I bought a KDL-40EX503 about a month ago, I use it mainly to play SSFIV  AE trough HDMI on my PS3. Thin horizontal transparent lines often  appears when i play, its easier to see them on some levels strangely.  They appear especially when i jump with the character, i can also see  them when the screen is black sometimes, and they also appears to be  vertical sometimes and wider. I have a table fan next to the tv but i  dont think it interfierce with the screen. All i can think of is that  its something wrong with the panel. I really hope its a small fixeable  issue so i dont have to replace yet another lcd tv. Any help would be  awesome, thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

firstly before you fault the tv do a process of elimination,

move the desktop fan for a start, it has no place next to a tv, see if it improves.

then check your tv channels and see if you have the lines then, does a blu ray play ok?,

its possible that you may have overlooked settings in set up for your PS3 to your tv

GlockenGold
Visitor

Hi

Its not the fan. I only have analog channels and bad cable so i dont use it to watch tv channels. I dont have any blu ray movies. When i watch mpeg videos in ps3 i cant notice any lines. Ive changed the scenery to game mode and all that, no difference, ive messed around with settings. Its either the TV or the HDMI cable that is faulty i think.

KDL-CX520
Visitor

Looks like you have electromagntic interference or main power source spike...could you attach a photo for clarification?

it will be a good intial steps to do the following

1- disconnect all video input connectors to tv include HDMI cable(s), aerial and RCA / SCART ...except one source only such as PS3...and check

2- relocate your tv to another place in home (if possible)...prefered to another wall power socket which controlled by another main circuit breaker

another possibilty  that your PS3 is the source of problem

GlockenGold
Visitor

It could be alot of things. May be a ground loop. The wall power socket is not grounded where i have the TV. Tomorrow i will connect my ps3 to the HD tv downstairs where the socket is grounded. Ill even bring the TV downstairs to check if same thing happens.

Bravia55HX

Hi,

very bad idea not having earth on your mains supply, in fact its dangerous practice, almost as bad as a thread i once read that got locked by the moderator because the poster thought it was a good idea to cut off the plugs and wire direct to the mains to improve his current supply!, Duh!

strongly advise you seek a qualified electrician to check your electrics!

GlockenGold
Visitor

The lines appeared on 2 other HD tvs at home, so its gotta be something wrong with the ps3 or hdmi cable i think.