Join now - be part of our community!

HDD Error messages

profile.country.GB.title
CHRIS1066

HDD Error messages

Hi, i have a KDL-42W654 . How do I remove/cancel the "error messages" from the HDD playback and title page.

I caused this by setting the timer with an overlap on two programs.I have tried "DE-REGISTER" of the HD but it still remains.

It appears to be held on memory within the TV as it`s still there when the drive is unplugged. The timer operation still works correctly, the HDD is a WD My Passport.

It`s not mega important but it would be nice to know how to clear.

Thanks CHRIS1066

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

This may sound pretty simplistic, but have you tried turning it off from the powerpoint at the wall for a few minutes?

Cheers

Edit: Also, what happens when you press the options button on the remote control, at the place where this message is?  Is there anything to "clear" it

profile.country.GB.title
CHRIS1066

I have tried unplugging set for 5 - 10mins, still did not clear error messages. On the error window there is no delete button, nether the Options setting has a delete facility.

I would try Factory Reset but that would also lose all the settings that have been made so left well alone.

CHRIS1066

profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

I guess the answer is that you can't without factory reset. This list also annoyed me at first, but as other small issues, I just ignore it now because it's like you say typically idiotic errors anyway.