Join now - be part of our community!

HDMI Audio drop out on KDL-32BX320

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
lmsmith01
New

HDMI Audio drop out on KDL-32BX320

Hi All, I Hope somebody can help me on this...

I have a new  KDL-32BX320 LCD TV and I'm suffering from a split second audio drop  when using HDMI.

I have an Amstrad Sky+ unit and a LG BluRay player.

I'm using the TV speakers only (No other audio units)

The Audio drop out only seems to happen when using HDMI (SKY and BluRay present the same issue).

The picture is perfect at all times and the audio drop out  can happen twice in two minutes or four times in seven hours...

I've tried three different HDMI leads (Currently using an expensive one from the Sony shop) with virtually no difference between any of them.

I've tried that many different settings on the TV I've lost track , tried equally as many on the sky box.

On the advice of Sony I took it back and had a replacement TV.

I have exactly the same issue on the new one TV

I've contacted Sony and they have recomended that I contact the repair department again as they think the second TV is faulty.

I just dont belive two new TV's from sony would have the same fault.

I feel its a conflict on settings but its strange, I have the problem on both Sky and my Bluray player...

In short.

Split second audio drop out is present on all HDMI driven units.(Sky and BluRay).

It does appear to be worse when watching 1080i like BBC HD. I tried watching in a lower resolution but the problem was still present

Any ideas?

16 REPLIES 16
airefc
Explorer

I have just been pointed towards this thread. I have a kdl32ex503 and have this problem when the sound drops out multiple times during blu ray playback. It also goes out of sync.

I have tested my blu ray player (Phillips bdp3200) on another tv and it works okay. Have latest firmware installed on tv and blu ray player.

airefc
Explorer

Just thought id add also have the sound drop out on BBC HD (kdl32ex503) the same as when watching blu ray films(although blu ray goes out of sync aswell). Anybody else get this on 32ex503 model???

Message was edited by: airefc

Message was edited by: airefc

CRAIG120375
Visitor

Hi all,

Just to give an update.. After enduring endless tedious patronising and denials from Sony tech support (who would only appear to be script reading robots) about the issue, I turned to Argos tech support who today sent out an engineer.  Even though Sony flatly denied to me that this is a known bug - oddly enogh the engineer has heard of this issue and will return later this week with a USB firmware update to remedy the problem. I will let you know the results..

Bravia55HX

like the 1989 slogan they once used-         "Argos takes care of it!"

Mastahpeo
Visitor
lmsmith01
New

Thanks for all the comments thought it was only me.

Got the TV back this monday and they also changed the "main board" couldnt actually get them to tell me which board, and the firmware has also been updated.

All works fine now at last!!

profile.country.GB.title
Krapsound
Explorer

I too have a very similar issue on my Bravia - I am using the audio output (stereo) to feed a Yamaha DSP amp and get unpredictable split second sound drops. The interesting thing is that the TV speakers do not drop the sound (For troubleshooting I have both the TV speakers and the surround system running in tandem). My source, a sky box, is linked to the TV by HDMI and I use the audio out jack to feed my amp. It seems that the TV generated stereo out is generating the dropouts. Here we are in 2014 still getting dropouts - ***** 😞