Join now - be part of our community!

Help!!! No sound through TV

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
KBslittlesis
Visitor

Help!!! No sound through TV

Please help!

I have a Sony Bravia KDL 40V2500 TV and have just purchased a Sony BDV E370 home theatre system.

It's all connected up with a HDMI cable but I still can't get the home theatre speakers to work when I am watching TV (especially the football!!!!).

I feel like I have been through both menus on the TV & DVD a trillion times and still can't fix it.

Any ideas????

cheers from a techno phobe football fan x

Message was edited by: KBslittlesis

Message was edited by: KBslittlesis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor
5 REPLIES 5
Catmambo
Contributor

I think you simply need an optical cable from your TV to your Home theatre kit as the HDMI socket is input only whereas the optical is optical out and so can transmit the TV sound through to your Home Theate kit.

Maybe someone else can confirm?

Thanks

KBslittlesis
Visitor

Is the optical cable the one with the yellow ends????

If so we have that plugged in but maybe not in the right place.

Why is it sooooooo difficult?

Surely if you buy two kits from the same brand the setting up instructions should not only be simple but IN COLOUR????!!!!

And why do Sony only provide HDMI cables if you live in Thailand and Taiwan when EVERYONE needs one to make the system work.

And while I'm at it, why don't staff at the SONY shop knowing full well a HDMI cable isn't supplied, do they not ask if you have one BEFORE you leave the store, get home & realise your brand new system won't work without one????????

In this day and age, setting up this type of equipment should be easy. But alas it never is 😞

Thanks Cat for your reply but I am still none the wiser and still disappointed.

Catmambo
Contributor
profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

I agree with optical cable connection additionall  to hdmi.

HDMI out issue....

Regards

Damac

:slight_smile:

Demoniser
Explorer

THANKS FOR SOLUTION