Join now - be part of our community!

How do I retune my KD-32DX40U Trinitron TV

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
jonathanb9
Visitor

How do I retune my KD-32DX40U Trinitron TV

I know it's not a Bravia but there was no choice for my TV.

It's a good Digital TV but since the switchover I cannot retune the digital channels. On auto retune in only finds a few channels and therefore every channel has to be done manually and then the program guide doesnt come up.

Does anybody know how this should be done.

Jonathanb9

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I did some further searching last night & found reference to your KD 32DX40u being a 2k model, further reading can be found using the following link: What is the implication of the move to 8k transmission mode?

The short answer is that digital is now transmitted in 8K so unfortunately in order to recieve freeview digital TV it appears that you will need to purchase a set top box..:smileysad:

However I also found a post on another forum (see below) but not sure if it will actually work but you may want to try it before purchasing aditional equiptment..

I have same model and Sony say scrap it as it's a 2k model. lazy tech team !!.
If you press the Video button on your remote (top left button) then  green text appears on screen and T_ _ to the top right of your screen.  press the same button again to display TT_ _. Input the number 81 (TT81)  and then a screen will appear, the bottom line of whicc shows that the  tuner is in 8K mode.
now tune as normal by pressing the button on your remote with the (?)  symbol above it and follow the instructons. Tuning in this mode will  take at least an hour but be patient and the TV will pick up all of the  8K Channels

Inputting the numbers 81, 82, 83 switches between 2K, 8K and 2K&8K.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi jonathanb9,

welcome to Club VAIO Questions & Answers forum..:smileyhappy:

Is the aerial lead connected straight into the tv, or does it  go into through another device first?

Are you able to watch digital channels on any other TV's in your house.?

Does anything in the following FAQ's help - http://support.sony-europe.com/tutorials/tvhc/dig_tv_tuning/d_tv_tune.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&f=d_tv_tun...

jonathanb9
Visitor

Hi, thanks for trying to help. The aerial lead goes through a DVD player first, and other TVs in the house pick up Digital channels fine, and retune on auto without a problem. When I manage to find a channel in manual tune on this TV it picks the signal up and I can watch the TV. Its the retune on auto it won't do, putting the right cannel in the right place and the programm guide then doesn't work.

jonathanb9
Visitor

Hi, I tried the Q & As on that site and nothing answers my problem. Thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I did some further searching last night & found reference to your KD 32DX40u being a 2k model, further reading can be found using the following link: What is the implication of the move to 8k transmission mode?

The short answer is that digital is now transmitted in 8K so unfortunately in order to recieve freeview digital TV it appears that you will need to purchase a set top box..:smileysad:

However I also found a post on another forum (see below) but not sure if it will actually work but you may want to try it before purchasing aditional equiptment..

I have same model and Sony say scrap it as it's a 2k model. lazy tech team !!.
If you press the Video button on your remote (top left button) then  green text appears on screen and T_ _ to the top right of your screen.  press the same button again to display TT_ _. Input the number 81 (TT81)  and then a screen will appear, the bottom line of whicc shows that the  tuner is in 8K mode.
now tune as normal by pressing the button on your remote with the (?)  symbol above it and follow the instructons. Tuning in this mode will  take at least an hour but be patient and the TV will pick up all of the  8K Channels

Inputting the numbers 81, 82, 83 switches between 2K, 8K and 2K&8K.