Join now - be part of our community!

HT-NT3 Sound bar

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
mkj1972

HT-NT3 Sound bar

I have recently bought a HT-NT3 sound bar to go with my Sony 3D 55" curved TV,however when I use the volume control on the remote for the sound bar the volume on the tv adjusts as well.

Is this normal?? 

Or is there a way to alter the volume separately on both units??

Thanks Mark 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
mkj1972

Sorry I meant tv box that's predictive text 

I have unplugged the tv box & now the sound bar is working again!! Wierd 

thanks for for all your help folks 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I really can't understand your question. I assume your HT is connected via HDM-ARC to your TV so they are in sync and you can control both of them with the same (mostly TV) remote.

When the HT is on, the TV audio is autmatically muted and viceversa, so why on earth you want to set them differently?

profile.country.GB.title
mkj1972

Hi 

sorry I didn't realise they were linked & that the tv volume automatically mutes when the sound bar is on.

what I meant was that the volume indicator on both the sound bar & the tv both rise when pressed therefore I thought the volume on the tv was on as well.

hope that makes sense & thanks for your reply

Mark

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Don't worry :slight_smile:

What you see is a feature that shows the sounbar volume level also on the tv screen (even if it doubles it due to the tv scale from 1 to 100)

profile.country.GB.title
mkj1972

My sound bar is not working & the volume is now only showing on the soundbar & not the tv as well when you adjust the volume.

i haven't altered any of the settings so I am worried the sound bar itself is damaged.

help needed ASAP thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Its probably a HDMI handshake issue.  Turn both the TV and soundbar completely off from the power switch on the wall.  Leave off for 30 seconds and then switch it all back on again.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
mkj1972

Thanks I will try that now 

profile.country.GB.title
mkj1972

Still no joy I'm afraid I've gone in to the Bravia sync menu & pressed enable but it is telling me no HDMI is available & check my connections 

profile.country.GB.title
mkj1972

Help anybody??  thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sorry for the delay in replying.  For some reason the tv or soundbar is not detecting each other.  Can you ensure that the actual HDMI cable is fully seated correctly on has not been slighly pulled out?

Best thing to do is turn it all off again, unplug the hdmi cable from either end and plug it back again and then switch it all back on.

If that still fails, can you test using another HDMI cable?

Also, i dont suppose you changed any settings on either the soundbar or tv, just before it failed to work?

Cheers