Join now - be part of our community!

Internet Browsing: cannot navigate trough the web page with the Remote control

profile.country.en_GB.title
inmatxu
Visitor

Internet Browsing: cannot navigate trough the web page with the Remote control

Hello,

i just bought a Bravia KDL 24EX320 and i had no problem to set up the network connection etc.  I am also able to browse the internet and load the web pages but when the page is loaded I cannot navigate through the page, the arrows (up, down, left, right) in the remote control are not working.  The only thing i can do is to load the lage and look at it staticaly.  Have you seen this problem? Can you give me any tips?

cheers

3 REPLIES 3
Catmambo
Contributor

Browsing the web on TV's isn't a great experince, principally as you have discovered down to limited navigation options via the remote control. It depends how the web page has been created as well. Make sure you have the latest firmware as this may improve things. There is also a smartphone app which I think you can use to navigate.

Personally, I've found it easier to browse via the laptop still...

Thanks

inmatxu
Visitor

Hi Catmambo,

thanks for your reply.

the reason I want to browse the internet in the TV is because i can see Spanish TV, the equivalent of iplayer but in spanish.  It would be very good to ve able to load the Televison Espaniola web site and wacth the programs directly from the TV rather than having to connect my laptop.

But yesterday i discovered that i cannot play videos, it complains about not having the correct flash version.

I do have the latest FW, i hope, i have updated it only a couple of weeks ago.

do you think i should download the flash?

cheers

inma

Catmambo
Contributor

Ah I see - yes the TV's don't support Flash at the moment. Flash is very heavy on the CPU, thus not implemented to date.

Only way to do this at the moment would be to connect a laptop unfortunately. It may well be in future that we are able to offer Spanish channels via BRAVIA Internet Video ( currently have a couple of German ones) but it would require the broadcaster/rights hodler to make them available to countires outside of Spain. Content rights are a bit of a minefield!

Thanks