Join now - be part of our community!

How to record on External USB flash memory / HDD? not shown in owner's manual

profile.country.en_GB.title
KDL-CX520
Visitor

How to record on External USB flash memory / HDD? not shown in owner's manual

My new KDL-32CX520 has the below setting:

1- Latest firmware version 3.407 issued (31-Aug-2011)

2- Shop mode setting

How i record on external media such as USB HDD or memory? I cannot find the answer in printed owner manual or even on i-Manaual.

Can i record any show from any source such as digital TV broadcast, STB channels and/or Bravia internet video?

Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Should be a section in the iManual apparently - otherwise go to the 'recordings' icon on the menu and it  should be hopefully quite simple.

You can certainly record from DVB-T, not sure about STB's like Sky etc, definitely not BRAVIA Internet Video. Bear in mind its meant to be a simple recording solution rather than offering something akin to PVR functionality with series link etc,

Thanks

KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hello Catmambo,

Thank you for your kind reply.

I checked before there is no record icon in the menu, even i click the option button on remote control and there is nothing at all mentioned about recording.

My USB memory is 16GB Sandisk formated in FAT32 , I can explore its content but there is no record icon anywhere after i plugged it.

Sony product page mentioned that KDL-32CX520 have the capability of PVR but need firmware upgrade, i already update my TV firmware, what is next?

Regards,

KDL-CX520
Visitor

the information posted at Sony product page are not clear for me

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/tv-80-32-lcd/kdl32cx520bu#pageType=Overview

it is mentioned there

• Record TV shows to an external hard drive - Save the TV programmes you watch to a Hard Disk Drive via USB and watch them back when it suits you (may require firmware upgrade)

May i get help how to do that?

Thank!