Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia - Turning off and back on

profile.country.en_GB.title
Kit-kat
Visitor

Bravia - Turning off and back on

I have a Sony Bravia TV that keeps turning itself off when changing the channel or going into the menu. It turns itself back on again immediately after turning itself off. Does anyone know why it is doing this and if there is a way to repair it?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Kat

3 REPLIES 3
KDL-CX520
Visitor

hello,

what model number of your TV?

is the problem occurs only when you change the channels or going to the menu? or it is occured durning other usage conditions such as (watching, TV cold start, TV warm-up...etc)?

initially, i would recommend to check the main power cable and its route to wall socket for loose connection. go to the menu and disable all power save options and timer

Kit-kat
Visitor

Hi,

the model number is KDL-32V2000.

At the minute it only does it when you change the channel or go into the menu. The screen freezes and the TV turns itself off straight after that. Very rarely it happens without us touching the remote control, but it did happen on a few occassions in the past.

I checked the power cable and it seems ok.

KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hello,

Sony service center may update your firmware to the latest, if so, i guess it will be hardware problem related to LCD panel or PSU (power supply unit inside tv).

Some models the front LED blinking in a sequence to indicate there is a trouble codes stored in the memory.