Join now - be part of our community!

Internet Connexion

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
norshmac
Visitor

Internet Connexion

I have a Netgear Wireless G Router(Model 834G) for my computer. I have just connected a Netgear WiFi internet adapter WNCE2001 to my Sony Bravia KDL-37EX503 television but although the connection works I get a Sony 2123 error message when trying to get on to the internet.  The WLAN light on the Netgear adapter also flashes alternately green and amber but won't stay green as it should.  Both the Netgear devices are in the same room so signal transmission shouldn't be the problem.  I've retuned the TV and that hasn't solved the problem either.  What do I do next?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi norshmac,

welcome to Questions and Answers..

The Netgear dongle will not work with a Sony Bravia..

You either need to purchase the Sony UWA-BR100 wifi dongle..

or

if your wireless router is close to your bravia then you could connect using an ethernet cable..

or

Use a set of homeplugs, something like the TP-Link HomePlug AV Ethernet Adapter Starter Kit (http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-PA211KIT-200Mbps-Powerline-Ethernet/dp/B004INVKP4/ref=sr_1_15?s=c...), allows you to share data between your router & the device which is connected to the other homeplug via your home's existing AC power sockets..

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi norshmac,

welcome to Questions and Answers..

The Netgear dongle will not work with a Sony Bravia..

You either need to purchase the Sony UWA-BR100 wifi dongle..

or

if your wireless router is close to your bravia then you could connect using an ethernet cable..

or

Use a set of homeplugs, something like the TP-Link HomePlug AV Ethernet Adapter Starter Kit (http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-PA211KIT-200Mbps-Powerline-Ethernet/dp/B004INVKP4/ref=sr_1_15?s=c...), allows you to share data between your router & the device which is connected to the other homeplug via your home's existing AC power sockets..