Join now - be part of our community!

Internet doesn't work properly

profile.country.da_DK.title
multigamedk
Visitor

Internet doesn't work properly

Hey, I've 32 Sony Bravia, and now I wan't to try out the internet function.

By the way, I'm using a lan wire.

First I go to: Settings, Network and then Settings.

I press Wired set-up and Auto.

And a new screen pops up:

Connection Method: Wired

IP Address setting: Auto

IP address: Auto

Subnet Mask: Auto

Default Gateway: Auto

Primary DNS: Auto

Secondary DNS: Auto

Proxy Server: Not Used

Now it loads for a while and then says:

Cable Connection: OK

Local Access: OK

Internet Access: OK

Now when I go in Video, it just says a error with something error: <2200>

Please help...

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
R.Tiverton
Visitor

I have just about the same problem except I get

Internet Access : failed

and I get load of numbers for the IP address etc.

I get the same error code 2200

dmatheson
Visitor

I too have been having a problem with this the past couple of days. Wired setup that is working according to the TV. It was working fine earlier this week (Tuesday I think it was) as we were watching some things on the iPlayer.

I'm not seeing an error it just sits there with the "Connecting to Internet video service..." and the progress thingy going across the screen.

Donald

Message was edited by: dmatheson

confused.com
New

I am having this problem too.  My firmware is up to date (as far as I know) and I was only watching iPlayer 2 nights ago.

Being a bit new to this discussion stuff, what do we do now?  Do we hope someone in Sony notices this post and replies, or do we phone some obscure and difficult to find phone number?

Catmambo
Contributor

What is your current firmware version? Worth doing a factory reset on the TV just in case there is is a glitch somewhere as well. Mindful there are so many variables in terms of the TV, connection, cable, router, ISP and so forth, its important to try and isolate the fault as anyone of those elements could be causing the problem.

Thanks

fulhamchris
New

I have the same error 2200. All was working fine the other day now can't get any internet features at all. (I have a wired connection and all seems ok so the tv tells me!)

I checked my firmware it is the latest version but I do not know if it was auto updated before the errors started. I don't think it is the same version as when I bought it so I think the auto update must have kicked in. I have only had the tv a few weeks!

If anyone gets a result let us know.

fulhamchris
New

As stated I had this problem I did a factory restore and then turned the tv off at the mains for about ten mins problem solved everything is working as it should. I hope this will help some of you! The tv has the lastest software/firmware too.

profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

This error may appear when the Internet connection is lost.
Try reconnecting by resetting the network router and

unplugging the TV for 60 seconds. If you still cannot connect after resetting the router, reset the TV to the

factory settings.

NOTE: It may take up to 3 attempts of resetting the TV to resolve the issue.

:slight_smile:

flintst0ne
New

I seem to get Internet connectivity issues every 2/3 days, when I stop using IPlayer or associated apps/widgets.

The  only way I can then connect to the Internet via IPlayer is to reset the  IP address on the wireless card on the Bravia.  I.e. Scan for wireless  devices and join my SSID.  I will then be able to use the IPlayer and  sometimes refresh the Internet content, but I am not always able to  refresh the Internet Content.  It seems a bit 'hit and miss'?

CheerZ