Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32CX523 TV - USB problems

tm22uk
Explorer

KDL-32CX523 TV - USB problems

Hello,

About a month ago watched some video files on two USB devices directly through the above TV - file formats mp4, mkv, avi - no problem.

Now - same USB device used, same file formats, nothing works. For one USB I get the file list, but when I select a file I get the message "File not found"

For the other USB device, it doesn't even show the file list, but the message "Playback not available".

TV has been updated with the latest firmware from the Sony site - PKG4.027EUA.

All worked well a few weeks ago, nothing's changed, now it doesn't.

Anybody know what the reason can be?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Mkv files on your tv have never been supported.  However, the following is on your TV:

_20160801_215835.JPG

If things dont work - I would suggest trying another USB drive, and formatted to FAT32 and then test a supported file type.  If that fails, i sugest factory resetting the TV and trying again.

Cheers

tm22uk
Explorer

Hello,

Thanks, maybe I remember the file type wrong. Will check again tomorrow. I already tried two USB devices, both didn't work this time, displaying different messages - they worked fine a few weeks ago.

And they are already formatted as FAT32.

Will post again when I know more.

Thanks again.

tm22uk
Explorer

I have now tried other file formats from the list - avi, mp4 - same message appears - "playback not available".

Tried the re-set to factory settings option - same result.

Any other ideas anyone?

Many thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Leaving video files aside for a moment, can you test using a photo (jpg) and a music file (mp3).

Can i assume you are choosing the correct category when playing a video file (i.e. Video)?

Cheers

tm22uk
Explorer

HI,

Yes, the category is correctly selected, as I said, it worked perfectly well a few weeks ago with the same two USB devices - now it doesn't.

Hasn't been used for photo or music files yet, will give it a try and report back.

Thanks

tm22uk
Explorer

Tried photos and music - mp3 - files now, both work. Seems to be a video file related problem.

Even tried a third USB device now for videos - same result, message "playback not available".

Any further advice?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately im all out of ideas.  Unless another forum member has any other ideas, the only thing i can suggest is contacting Sony themselves.

Cheers