Join now - be part of our community!

KDL 32EX403 changes channel by itself

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Nectar3
Visitor

KDL 32EX403 changes channel by itself

Morning All.

We bought the above TV for Christmas and it's been great apart from one problem. It seems to change at random to different AV channels, usually at least once an hour, often in the middle of a movie (this made Inception particularly difficult to follow last night!).

The TV is set up thus:

AV1 SCART input=Virgin Cable TV Box

AV2 SCART input=Phillips DVD player

AV3=Nintendo Wii.

We usually watch TV using the inbuilt Freeview tuner (the DVD player and Virgin box are usually on standby).

Is this a settings thing I can fix myself or should I return the TV as faulty?

I have high hopes @Catmambo will come to the rescue!

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_.title
nacarter
New

I have exactly the same problem, with the same TV.  I have a Humax PVR on AV1 and a Virgin cable box and a Sony DVD recorder (daisy chained) on AV2.  While watching the Humax on AV1 the TV will switch to AV2 (even though the devices are on standby) after a few minutes of turning the TV on.  It only does it the once after the TV is turned on.

Nectar3, is your TV switching to AV1 or AV2? If it switches to AV1 I wonder whether the Virgin box is the trouble.

Interestingly, when we changed furniture and I moved everything the problem went away for a few days, but it's now back again!

Thanks for any help.

Nick

Edit: I've just turned off the option on the Virgin box to automatically switch AV channels.  The TV now does not automatically change channels after it's turned on.  It would seem that the Virgin box is the culprit, even when it's on standby!

Message was edited by: nacarter

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.en_.title
nacarter
New

I have exactly the same problem, with the same TV.  I have a Humax PVR on AV1 and a Virgin cable box and a Sony DVD recorder (daisy chained) on AV2.  While watching the Humax on AV1 the TV will switch to AV2 (even though the devices are on standby) after a few minutes of turning the TV on.  It only does it the once after the TV is turned on.

Nectar3, is your TV switching to AV1 or AV2? If it switches to AV1 I wonder whether the Virgin box is the trouble.

Interestingly, when we changed furniture and I moved everything the problem went away for a few days, but it's now back again!

Thanks for any help.

Nick

Edit: I've just turned off the option on the Virgin box to automatically switch AV channels.  The TV now does not automatically change channels after it's turned on.  It would seem that the Virgin box is the culprit, even when it's on standby!

Message was edited by: nacarter

Nectar3
Visitor

Thanks Nick, I'll try that. What was the setting (on the Virgin box) you changed, exactly?

Squalo984
Visitor

I have the same problem with the KDL-32EX503 model.

Channels change by themself and the green led still flashing. The remote is unusable. I can't access to the Home menu. And if I try to turn off the TV, it turn on again by itself...

I've only a PS3 connected by HDMI, so I think that maybe my problem is the integrated Freeview.

I really don't know what to do, is it just a temporary signal problem or what? I bought this TV one month ago...

...And another strange thing, if I cover the light sensor... everything returns to normal! What this means?

I'm very worried about it...

Nectar3
Visitor

Hi  Squalo984

The problem was partially sorted by changing a setting on the Virgin cable box. The TV still changes to AV2 (DVD player) but I think I can find a similar setting (on the DVD player) to change to stop this (external boxes seem to have a setting which allows them to force the TV to switch to their AV channel). I wonder if your PS3 is doing the same?

The remote not working is beyond me. Although my DVD remote has a button which stops it working (DVD/TV button) which is, I think, to allow it to control a separate DVD player. I wouldn't be surprised if the Sony TV remote is doing something similar. Try pressing a few buttons on the remote that look odd and see what happens.

Squalo984
Visitor

Hi Nectar3,

...nothing, I've tried everything. When I turn on the PS3 the TV changes source automatically, and everything works fine... but if I try to press the volume button in the remote... it still changes channel by itself...

Nectar3
Visitor

Hmm. Sounds like your remote might be the problem. I think you should contact Sony, or wait for one of their online techs to notice this thread.

Squalo984
Visitor

Yep, tomorrow I'll go to the Sony Centre...

Thanks @Nectar3 :wink:

Marlpitt
Visitor

I've got the same problem with a Sony-KDL26EX320BU. It's set up with a hard disk recorder (with freeview) on AV1 although I use the Sony's inbuilt freeview. However, when the set is switched on it cuts over to the AV1 source after 30 seconds and then randomly switches over to that source very hour or so (there's no pattern). No problem with the remote but it's pretty annoying when as you can guarantee it will switch at a crucial moment in a programme. There is no obvious setting on the hard disk recorder to prevent this. Any ideas why this happens?

I have. Kd43x8309c that does the same thing